NBA Elite G League combine

Zstatman

I know there is the Tyler Cook thread on this subject but I found this official G League article on the camp as I was looking around to see if there were any official results reported.

https://gleague.nba.com/news/80-pla...ected-to-attend-nba-g-league-elite-mini-camp/

When I googled the topic there were lots of articles on the many different players that were and were not invited to this camp let alone the next level up. This article lists all 80 players invited, 40 just out of college, 40 that played in the G League last year. They were at the camp at the same time but the article points out there was no overlap and they didn't play against each other.

We should see results of this camp very soon, maybe as early as today. The article says a select few will be invited to the NBA draft combine which starts tomorrow, Tuesday, in Chicago.

Below is an article from nba.com listing those expected to be invited to the official nba combine later this week. Neither Jok nor Cook are listed. The article below says a select few will be invited from the elite G league camp. I'm seeing Jok's name listed in box scores and he has some good stats. I haven't seen Cook listed at all which makes me wonder if his agent and he decided to skip this camp. I did see TC had a tryout with the Atlanta Hawks just a couple days before this camp.

NEW YORK --
The NBA announced today that 66 players are expected to attend the 2019 NBA Draft Combine powered by Under Armour.

The NBA Draft Combine is the first step in the Draft process for NBA hopefuls and features five-on-five games as well as shooting and strength and agility drills at Quest Multisport in Chicago on Thursday, May 16 and Friday, May 17. ESPN 2 will provide coverage both days from 3-7 p.m. ET.

A select number of draft-eligible players will be invited to participate in the 2019 NBA Draft Combine based on their performance in the NBA G League Elite Camp, which will take place May 12-14 at Quest Multisport.

Below is a list of expected attendees at the 2019 NBA Draft Combine powered by Under Armour.

Player Name (College/Club)

Alexander-Walker, Nickeil (Virginia Tech)
Barrett, RJ (Duke)
Bassey, Charles (Western Kentucky)
Bazley, Darius (Princeton HS (OH))
Bol, Bol (Oregon)
Bone, Jordan (Tennessee)
Bowen, Brian (Sydney Kings (Australia))
Bowman, Ky (Boston College)
Brazdeikis, Ignas (Michigan)
Brown, Moses (UCLA)
Clarke, Brandon (Gonzaga)
Claxton, Nicolas (Georgia)
Culver, Jarrett (Texas Tech)
Dort, Luguentz (Arizona State)
Dotson, Devon (Kansas)
Edwards, Carsen (Purdue)
Fernando, Bruno (Maryland)
Gafford, Daniel (Arkansas)
Garland, Darius (Vanderbilt)
Grimes, Quentin (Kansas)
Guy, Kyle (Virginia)
Hands, Jaylen (UCLA)
Hayes, Jaxson (Texas)
Herro, Tyler (Kentucky)
Hoard, Jaylen (Wake Forest)
Horton-Tucker, Talen (Iowa State)
Hunter, De’Andre (Virginia)
Jerome, Ty (Virginia)
Johnson, Cameron (North Carolina)
Johnson, Keldon (Kentucky)
Kabengele, Mfiondu (Florida State)
King, Louis (Oregon)
Langford, Romeo (Indiana)
Lawson, Dedric (Kansas)
Lecque, Jalen (Brewster Academy (NH))
Little, Nassir (North Carolina)
Matthews, Charles (Michigan)
McDaniels, Jalen (San Diego State)
Morant, Ja (Murray State)
Norvell Jr., Zach (Gonzaga)
Nowell, Jaylen (Washington)
Nwora, Jordan (Louisville)
Okeke, Chuma (Auburn)
Okpala, KZ (Stanford)
Oni, Miye (Yale)
Paschall, Eric (Villanova)
Ponds, Shamorie (St. John’s)
Poole, Jordan (Michigan)
Porter Jr., Kevin (USC)
Porter, Jontay (Missouri)
Queta, Neemias (Utah State)
Reddish, Cam (Duke)
Reid, Naz (LSU)
Roby, Isaiah (Nebraska)
Samanic, Luka (Olimpija (Slovenia))
Schofield, Admiral (Tennessee)
Shittu, Simisola (Vanderbilt)
Tillie, Killian (Gonzaga)
Washington Jr., PJ (Kentucky)
Waters, Tremont (LSU)
Weatherspoon, Quinndary (Mississippi State)
White, Coby (North Carolina)
Wilkes, Kris (UCLA)
Williams, Grant (Tennessee)
Williamson, Zion (Duke)
Windler, Dylan (Belmont)

So Talen Horton-Tucker is the one college guy from the state that made the combine? Am I the only one that is not salivating over what he brings to the table? There are several mock drafts that project him as a late 1st round talent. Just seems odd. He was a good college player but it's not like he has your prototypical size or explosiveness you normally see going in the 1st round. Maybe I'm missing something but I think I would rather have Shayok or Wiggington if I had to pick a clone.

I haven't seen any lists yet stating the select few that were invited to the official combine.

I haven't seen any lists yet stating the select few that were invited to the official combine.

Ah yep, I haven't been following it super close and just skimmed your post so thought it was the final roster not a projection. Sounds like Tyler got an invite!

10 players advance from the @nbagleague Combine to NBA Combine:

Marial Shayok- Iowa St
Terence Davis- Ole Miss
DaQuan Jeffries- Tulsa
Cody Martin- Nevada
Dewan Hernandez- Miami
Tacko Fall- UCF
Jared Harper- Auburn
Tyler Cook- Iowa
O'Shae Brissett- Syracuse
Reggie Perry- Miss St

This is impressive, thinking he's playing with a decent point finally. I always thought how much better he would be in more transition type offensive with someone who could actually get him the ball where he could do something with it. Like to know what percentage of the shots were layups/dunks. 10 for 11 screams dunks.