Nat'l Championship Rematch?

I0WA

I'm not all for rematches at all but I'd love to see LSU vs 'Bama again rather than LSU vs Stanford or OK State. I still don't know who is a better whole team. The only thing I found about these 2 teams tonite is that LSU's kicker is better the 'Bama's and that was about it. Wow. 2 great ball clubs and love seeing the Balls to the Walls defense out there

Hell no. I would like to see one team in the national title game with a qb better than Matt Mcgloin. I think Stanford beats either of these teams.

If that happened, team SEC would never shutup. I think that it will end up being LSU v Stanford. That's when we'll see how good Luck is.

Bama doesn't deserve one right now...if it all shakes out and it's LSU at 13-0 and everyone else has a loss, so be it...but not over another BCS conference undefeated team, no.

BCS Guru has projection up and has alabam 3rd and stanford 4th, so it's a very possibile scenario

One team lost therefore that team does not deserve to be ranked second in the nation anymore. When you lose you drop in the rankings, other teams move up in the rankings.

They are both in the same conference...two teams from the same conference should NEVER play in the National Championship game. Would it be fair to Stanford if Stanford finishes undefeated in the Pac12? If Stanford finishes undefeated, they deserve to be in the championship game against LSU, unless LSU falters. In the SEC championship game, if LSU loses, they should not go to the championship game.

That is not fair at all to Stanford. The media love the SEC, even if they lose, they don't drop far. A team from another conference would have dropped like a hot potatoe.

What the media is trying to do is ensure that a SEC team is in the national championship game. They don't drop Alabama very far, just in case LSU loses, ensuring that Alabama is in the game.

One way or another, the media is going to ensure that a SEC team is in the championship game, regardless whether they have lost a game or not.

No thanks, that game was as boring as a game could get. Both teams have excellent defenses but there offenses are down right pathetic. The play of the qb for both teams was below par for teams that recruit so well. I find it hard to believe that a premier school like Alabama ran out of funds for the kicker...did Auburn out bid them for 1 this year.

Given a month and a half to prepare I still think Boise St could surprise one of these pay to play SEC schools for the national championship. You can begin bashing me now...but I have seen them pull off games they aren't supposed to win too many times. Coach Peterson and his staff are amazing

All the media is acting like both will go unbeaten from here, let the season pan out for Christ sake. LSU could lose to Ark next week who knows..

No thanks, that game was as boring as a game could get. Both teams have excellent defenses but there offenses are down right pathetic. The play of the qb for both teams was below par for teams that recruit so well. I find it hard to believe that a premier school like Alabama ran out of funds for the kicker...did Auburn out bid them for 1 this year. Given a month and a half to prepare I still think Boise St could surprise one of these pay to play SEC schools for the national championship. You can begin bashing me now...but I have seen them pull off games they aren't supposed to win too many times. Coach Peterson and his staff are amazing
Boise cheats too....

IMO they're the two best teams so it would make sense if they play for the NC but under the current system Stanford & Ok St will probably stay ahead of Alabama as long as they don't lose.

Standford/LSU would be interesting but Stanford doesn't have much on the outside for Luck to throw to. Not sure their 3 TE sets could do much against that much speed.

Not sure if Ok St's defense could match up with LSU's offensive line. That matchup could be a blood bath.

IMO it's not about the best teams playing in the national title game, but rather it should be the most DESERVING teams.

If either Stanford or Oklahoma St. go undefeated, it would be a crime IMO if it's an LSU/Alabama rematch simply because Alabama is from the beloved SEC. More deserving (key word) teams would be getting left out.

IMO it's not about the best teams playing in the national title game, but rather it should be the most DESERVING teams.

If either Stanford or Oklahoma St. go undefeated, it would be a crime IMO if it's an LSU/Alabama rematch simply because Alabama is from the beloved SEC. More deserving (key word) teams would be getting left out.

This is my biggest issue with the BCS. GB & Pitt didn't deserve to play in the SuperBowl last year during the regular season. NE & ATL did. However Pitt & GB were the two best teams and they earned their SuperBowl trip on the field.

Latest posts