Rose:
Oregon vs. Wisconsin

Sugar:
Boise St. vs. Stanford

Orange:
Va Tech vs. West Virgina

Fiesta:
Oklahoma St. vs. Michigan

Swap Michigan and Boise and they are probably correct. The Sugar will get the 1st pick for losing their Champion to the title game and they won't select Boise or Stanford over Michigan.

Swap Michigan and Boise and they are probably correct. The Sugar will get the 1st pick for losing their Champion to the title game and they won't select Boise or Stanford over Michigan.

Sounds right, i wasn't aware of that rule.

Close, if they are ranked higher than West Virginia they are in...

Automatic Qualification
1. The top two teams in the final BCS Standings shall play in the National Championship Game.

2. The champions of the Atlantic Coast, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12, and Southeastern conferences will have automatic berths in one of the participating bowls through the 2013 regular season.

3. The champion of Conference USA, the Mid-American Conference, the Mountain West Conference, the Sun Belt Conference, or the Western Athletic Conference will earn an automatic berth in a BCS bowl game if either:

A. Such team is ranked in the top 12 of the final BCS Standings, or,
B. Such team is ranked in the top 16 of the final BCS Standings and its ranking in the final BCS Standings is higher than that of a champion of a conference that has an annual automatic berth in one of the BCS bowls.

No more than one such team from Conference USA, the Mid-American Conference, the Mountain West Conference, the Sun Belt Conference, and the Western Athletic Conference shall earn an automatic berth in any year. (Note: a second team may be eligible for at-large eligibility as noted below.) If two or more teams from those conferences satisfy the provisions for an automatic berth, then the team with the highest finish in the final BCS Standings will receive the automatic berth, and the remaining team or teams will be considered for at-large selection if it meets the criteria.

A non-AQ team has to win their conference and be ranked in the top 12 or top 16 if they're ahead of an AQ conference champ, to be guaranteed a BCS spot. TCU, who was ranked 18th last week, is the only team that could jump into the top-16 and be guaranteed a spot. If they can get there, here's what I predict:

MNC: LSU vs. Alabama
Sugar: Michigan vs. TCU
Fiesta: Oklahoma St vs. Stanford
Orange: Virginia Tech vs. West Virginia
Rose: Wisconsin vs. Oregon

If TCU can't move up 2 spots:
MNC: LSU vs. Alabama
Sugar: Michigan vs. Oklahoma
Fiesta: Oklahoma St vs. Stanford
Orange: Virginia Tech vs. West Virginia
Rose: Wisconsin vs. Oregon

If some other craziness happens, there are definitely other possibilities. I'll post my final guesses sometime tonight.

I don't think Michigan will be in the BCS.

So you think they won't jump up 2 spots and into the top-14? I could see that if Baylor jumps them, but if Baylor goes down or Michigan holds them off, Michigan is a virtual lock for a BCS at-large spot (if there are any at-large spots this year).

Edit: I'm assuming that Houston drops like a rock with their loss today. If they can somehow stay in the top-14, that changes things, but I don't see it happening. Voters will punish them big time.

So conferences can get 3 teams into the BCS now?

The first and most important BCS rule:
#1 vs. #2 for the national title.

The second and close to most important BCS rule:
The champions of the Big Ten, SEC, Big XII, ACC, Big East, and Pac-12 are guaranteed BCS bowl berths.

The third and less important BCS rule:
After the first two rules have happened, you can't then add a third team from a single conference to the BCS bowls.

Here's a link to the rules:
BCS selection procedures

The first and most important BCS rule:
#1 vs. #2 for the national title.

The second and close to most important BCS rule:
The champions of the Big Ten, SEC, Big XII, ACC, Big East, and Pac-12 are guaranteed BCS bowl berths.

The third and less important BCS rule:
After the first two rules have happened, you can't then add a third team from a single conference to the BCS bowls.

Here's a link to the rules:
BCS selection procedures

I dont see the other coaches being cool with the SEC having 3 teams in the BCS.

Latest posts