My take

HawkeyeWeb

I don't understand those posters that are standing up for DJK. It does not appear that he was just recreationally using drugs. It appears he was using prescription & non prescription drugs and likely selling them too. If info comes out to the contrary that proves otherwise then, what he has admitted to so far, justifies a 1 game suspention at minimum (which is all he has left). If what has been reported turns out to be true (using & selling) that goes above and beyond recreational use. I don't see any Hawk football player being kicked to the curb for simply testing positive for pot. Will there be a penalty? Yes, but no expulsion. If it goes beyond that, or if any other players were involved in selling drugs, they should be removed from the program as well. No win is worth having people like that representing our program.

I don't understand those posters that are standing up for DJK. It does not appear that he was just recreationally using drugs. It appears he was using prescription & non prescription drugs and likely selling them too. If info comes out to the contrary that proves otherwise then, what he has admitted to so far, justifies a 1 game suspention at minimum (which is all he has left). If what has been reported turns out to be true (using & selling) that goes above and beyond recreational use. I don't see any Hawk football player being kicked to the curb for simply testing positive for pot. Will there be a penalty? Yes, but no expulsion. If it goes beyond that, or if any other players were involved in selling drugs, they should be removed from the program as well. No win is worth having people like that representing our program.

Where do you get this?

DJK isn't being charged with selling, merely running a drug house (which in his case means that he is a co-signee on the lease of a house that is selling drugs). He told police he thought it was likely they were being sold (according to the report). His roommate is the one charged with trafficking. DJK is only facing misdemeanors.

And nobody has been defending his drug use. I defended him in a thread where a poster was taking shots at his character because he wore "gangster" sunglasses to his hearing (nevermind that it was a very sunny day and MANY people wore sunglasses that day). But I've not seen anyone try to justify and defend his drug use, or suggest that he shouldn't face the consequences.

Latest posts