My status update...

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Sorry I have been scarce around here this week. I still owe you the final Big Tem picks but am having Internet issues

We moved yesterday; I hope for the last time since I am getting too old and we are no longer renting. The wife was convinced that Des Moines was a good place to stay, so the roots are down

Now, my Qwest DSL installation is another story. Will be trying to rectify that this weekend on top of several other things that go along with a move.

So please bear with me. And on top of that our place is a veritable dead zone for AT&T wireless, so not a good situation all around there. If the microcell's for AT&T weren't coming out in June I would probly have to drop the iPhone which I don't want to do.

Talk with u soon and thx for understanding

Sorry I have been scarce around here this week. I still owe you the final Big Tem picks but am having Internet issues

We moved yesterday; I hope for the last time since I am getting too old and we are no longer renting. The wife was convinced that Des Moines was a good place to stay, so the roots are down

Now, my Qwest DSL installation is another story. Will be trying to rectify that this weekend on top of several other things that go along with a move.

So please bear with me. And on top of that our place is a veritable dead zone for AT&T wireless, so not a good situation all around there. If the microcell's for AT&T weren't coming out in June I would probly have to drop the iPhone which I don't want to do.

You must live near me.

How many moves is this in the last 11 years Jon? I have seven in that time frame, I have developed a system to make it "easier', but its never really easy, though.

I thought you just moved into a new house?

We moved into a home in December of 08. We were renting with option to buy and had planned to buy it in October, based on our agreement. The owners came to us in March and said things had changed on their end. The last two months of our life has been very hectic with stresses due to uncertainty.

But, things worked out for the best, and we were able to find a place that will work for us for the rest of our life, and had saved up enough to make it all work out.

So in the end, now that the heavy work is over, it's going to a great thing and we can finally be settled...

But the process is a grind :) Using the neighbors wifi right now until tomorrow morning when Qwest comes...so I should be able to post my final Big Ten prediction later tonight after the wife is done giving me chores :)

How many moves is this in the last 11 years Jon? I have seven in that time frame, I have developed a system to make it "easier', but its never really easy, though.

I think 7...and glad to hear I am not the only one...glad that at 39 I think I am in my last home until we choose to downsize...or just stay here and install chair lifts to the basement level, as our master bedroom is on the main floor...two bedrooms upstairs for the girls with a full bath, so we won't have to go up there once they get older :) And I can retreat to the lower level.

But the process is a grind :) Using the neighbors wifi right now until tomorrow morning when Qwest comes...so I should be able to post my final Big Ten prediction later tonight after the wife is done giving me chores :)

Pretty sure that never ends. My wife will likely put a "Honey-Do" list in my coffin when I'm buried.

You must live near me.

By that do you mean anywhere in the United States? AT&T's crappiness continues to blow me away. I just read that Apple has passed Microsoft in "market capitalization." You'd think with the strides they've made with iPod and iPhone that they would ditch this stupid exclusive "partnership" with AT&T. (don't "partners" have to carry their own weight in a partnership?) It seems to be the only thing holding the iPhone back from world domination.

I watch Steve Jobs's Keynote presentation introducing the iPhone before its first release, and one of his big takeaways from that was "the killer app is the phone." Well???

It's like Apple is Kirk Ferentz and AT&T is Ken O'Keefe. (That may be a stretch, but I caught myself veering dangerously into Off Topic territory, so I thought I'd try to rescue myself with a Hawkeye football analogy.)

Best of luck in the new home, Jon.

So you moved and you didn't come and ask me for help? What gives, Jon?:) I have to tell you that the last move from KC to Iowa went pretty smoothly when me and three of my peeps gave you a hand. You guys did a pretty good job of getting prepped, which is the key.

I hope everything goes smoothly this time as you settle in, partner.

I think 7...and glad to hear I am not the only one...glad that at 39 I think I am in my last home until we choose to downsize...or just stay here and install chair lifts to the basement level, as our master bedroom is on the main floor...two bedrooms upstairs for the girls with a full bath, so we won't have to go up there once they get older :) And I can retreat to the lower level.

So i guess this means that there will be no more little Millers in the future. LOL

By that do you mean anywhere in the United States? AT&T's crappiness continues to blow me away.

+ freakin' 1. I had their domestic Zero Bars Anywhere(tm) service down in Georgia for all of about two days once, never again. That commercial with the see-through map is spot on.

But not in Polk county?

Thought you lived on the West side? I haven't had any issues with my Iphone. Only when I go ove to the East-side or Ankeny do I lose coverage.

Congrats on the move!! We keep putting it off because it seems like such a pain with 2 small kids.

Hello, Steph from Qwest here,

Congratulations on your new home, and good luck getting unpacked. I wanted to tell you about talktous@qwest.com if you have any service issues or questions you can email us for assistance.

thank you

Steph Lake
Manager, Talk To Qwest Team
http://www.facebook.com/Qwest?v=app_336872315664&ref=tshttp://twitter.com/talktoqwest

"At Qwest your account information is confidential and protected by law, so I need your permission to access the account.â€￾

Hello, Steph from Qwest here,

Congratulations on your new home, and good luck getting unpacked. I wanted to tell you about talktous@qwest.com if you have any service issues or questions you can email us for assistance.

thank you

Steph Lake
Manager, Talk To Qwest Team
http://www.facebook.com/Qwest?v=app_336872315664&ref=tshttp://twitter.com/talktoqwest

"At Qwest your account information is confidential and protected by law, so I need your permission to access the account.â€￾

Gotta say that's pretty spooky.

Latest posts