My starting 5.

HaydensHawk

Clemmons
Marble
White
Basabe
Woodbury

Clemmons is more confident than Gessell right now. Mike needs to attack.

McCabe has been a disaster

Oglesby is too slow to stay with any decent guard and shooting is not reliable.

May has zero confidence in his offense. He is truly a liability out there on offense. OK on defense.

Ingram should get more time. I think he is athletic and fearless.

Olesani is lost

i would like to see this lineup more

MG
Clemmons
Marble
White
Woody

i think they're the best 5.

Panic move to bench Gesell.

Gesell
Ogs
Marble
White
Woody

Ogs seems to have snapped out of his slump, and is better on defense than you give him credit for. Plus, playing with Woody will get him some open looks. I like Ingram to take many of May's minutes also.

Clemmons
Marble
White
Basabe
Woodbury

Clemmons is more confident than Gessell right now. Mike needs to attack.

McCabe has been a disaster

Oglesby is too slow to stay with any decent guard and shooting is not reliable.

May has zero confidence in his offense. He is truly a liability out there on offense. OK on defense.

Ingram should get more time. I think he is athletic and fearless.

Olesani is lost

Would agree w/ this. Gives Iowa best chance to win. Have been posting for a while Sapp will be the starting PG by time conference rolls around.

Would agree w/ this. Gives Iowa best chance to win. Have been posting for a while Sapp will be the starting PG by time conference rolls around.

How does this VCash thing work, I'll go all in on you being wrong about Gesell/Clemmons.

Meatman has an idea, but I don't know if I like all three guys than can play point starting.

wouldn't be a good starting lineup, but definitely would put arguably our "best" players out there. obviously JO needs to be out there if he's got it going, but that's only every 5 games or so. and McCabe brings a nice boost at times, but fouls a ton as well. definitely need Basabe in for spurts as well. but that's about it for playing time. 8 players is really all we have.

We are going to see Gessel ad Clemons in there together more and more, which I like a lot. JO minutes are going to go down. 1 dimensional player. May's minutes will go down. Ingram are going to go up. Gabe will be 4th post in 1st half and not play in 2nd half. Woody needs to be on the floor as much as possible. His stats are not great but he is an asset on the floor. More than I thought he would be. Also, for his future development. McCAbes/Basabe are going to be night by night decisions. Based on many criteria

Never mind who starts. What this team needs is a few more finishers. Know what I mean, jelly bean?

Our big problem right now is defense... Olgesby needs limited minutes until he proves he can contribute defensively or start hitting 3's whenever he is open.

Great post by the OP. I like McCaffrey, but his failure to get somebody in here to help down low is going to haunt us (again) all season. We don't have anyone capable of doing the dirty work (boxing out, rebounding, blocking or altering shots), which is critical for a team that is prone to defensive lapses. We missed 18 3's and I think VT had fast breaks on every one. Agree that Clemmons should start at PG and I would move Gessel to the 2, Marble at 3 with White and Woodbury. Ingram needs more PT, as he has the ability to slash and create offense, which May, McCabe and Oglesby can't do. Nice to see White and Marble step up, but disappointing to realize that Olaseni is going to be riding the pine all year.

I think Gesell should end up at the 2 spot... He is a good ballhandler, but really lacks the first step to get by defenders and attack, he is also a step slow defending quick point guards. He has a wonderful stroke, but for some reason is hesitant to pull the trigger. His BIGGEST problem right now is between the ears.... He is thinking way too much. Just play.

I think Gesell should end up at the 2 spot... He is a good ballhandler, but really lacks the first step to get by defenders and attack, he is also a step slow defending quick point guards. He has a wonderful stroke, but for some reason is hesitant to pull the trigger. His BIGGEST problem right now is between the ears.... He is thinking way too much. Just play.

Careful. I started a thread on this last week. Got ripped for it. Oh well. The losers will realize in time that I was right.

Latest posts