My moment

So I was sitting in the living room tonight when I brought something up to my lovely bride....I asked her , "will Tori and Ben (my step-daughter and Grandson) be at the house for the game?" My wife and I live in Jackson, MS these days. We will be "back home" for the holidays.

I I asked my wife to have the camera/phone ready that afternoon/evening, if for nothing else than to preserve for memory the day that Ben and me watched the Hawkeyes play in the Rose Bowl. For many this will seem insignificant, but for me........a moment in time that I pray Ben will cherish some time in the future.

Rose Bowl appearances, to me, are the penultimate. And the fact that I get to watch that game with my grandson (who isn't old enough to understand.......he is 18 months old) is something that chokes me up. I see so many younger fans these days with the feeling that if you aren't number one, who cares?......well...... I care, and I hope someday Ben will care too

That's awesome hope the Hawks can have a win to make the memories a little bit better.Go Hawks

My son is 2 and I hope I'm not watching it with him, because that means I'll be at the game.

Latest posts