My having kids has been bad for the Hawks

DrKnipe

I thought of this as am in the hospital ready to go home with my wife and first son. We have 3 daughters and one of them was born in July so there was no Iowa game then. But my three of my kids have been born within a week of Iowa losses.
1st girl: week after '06 Outback loss
2nd girl: week after '07 W. Michigan loss
4th child, 1st son: week after Arizona loss
Lesson: no more kids for me

Really? Because my daughter was born the Friday before the Iowa/ISU game in 2008 and the Hawks have yet to lose that game since she's been alive.

I guess it's all how you spin it! ;)

DrK-
I have to point out that the first 2 losses were complete BS!
The michigan game Jovon Johnson was called for pass interference which cost us the game, and he didn't even touch the reciever. I guess he did interfere with the pass by intercepting it, but I don't think that is the rule...
I think that cost JJ the Iowa interception record too.
And of course the infamous '06 outback bowl needs no explanation.
Here is the summary created by HaydensUncle (he spent the 20 hr return trip boiling so when he got home he made this):
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7vRYakQgkI"]YouTube - 2006 Outback Bowl Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Florida Gators[/ame]

So my question is did there happen to be a millionaire with a personal vendetta against you those years who may have paid off the refs? Cause it sure looked like somebody did and this is the first time anybody has made a connection....
If so please post an address so we can all go burn down his house and kick him in the head.
Thanks,
HD

Last edited:
Gotta go with HaydensDad on this one. Those two games stand in infamy for Hawkeye Nation. Really seemed to be something else going on there. Have you checked your daughter's heads for the mark of the beast?

HD thanks for the "trip" down memory lane. The officials were even worse than I remember. I'm not one for conspiracy theories but I have a hard time believing something wasn't up that game.

offsides.jpg

Something was up. There was either some "factor" that led the refs to favor one team over the other, or someone was clearly on the take.

I just appreciate how irate the commentator gets over the calls. Was that Chris Spielman?

Yes it was. And he let them have it. I was surprised ESPN retained him after that. That was the only thing that could have made me feel just the slightest bit better...

Thanks for the reminder of how bad we got F---ed that day!:mad:

I thought of this as am in the hospital ready to go home with my wife and first son. We have 3 daughters and one of them was born in July so there was no Iowa game then. But my three of my kids have been born within a week of Iowa losses.
1st girl: week after '06 Outback loss
2nd girl: week after '07 W. Michigan loss
4th child, 1st son: week after Arizona loss
Lesson: no more kids for me

I can't believe no one congratulated you...Congrat's DrKnipe....My wife and I had twin boys (the year the Twins won the world series - 1991)...Don't despair about the Hawks, you have a wonderful son and 3 wonderful daughters...and a great wife...enjoy your kids, they grow up way too fast...

I watched the 23-3 loss to ISU from Mercy Hospital in Des Moines during the birth of my third child(daughter). Talk about a tough day to try to be happy. I would never hold that against her though and to this day, she cries whenever the Hawkeyes lose.