My converstation regarding the BTN issues

Ozhawk

Looks like dish Customer service is awareof the issue and they are giving canned responses to inquiry. I am fairly convinced that That the BTN will be dropped so I am moving on. I just found out that I am no longer on contract so Making the call today. I had direct before and I was extremely unhappy with them. I hope things are different this time. Their HD was much clearer and crisper than Direct but who cares when you cant watch crap.

In chat mode with customer service I was told that I would be helped with my account details at the beginning of the conversation but then was told the system was down when I asked about my contractual obligations.

Last edited:
Lulz. I love customer service. The ones I love are the places that when you try to cancel they transfer you to a retention department so they can beg you to stay. USCellular did that. Look, just cancel my sh*t, I've already went elsewhere!

I have dish, have a contract for a while yet. Going to be really ****** if they drop BTN. Anyway to get out of a contract?

I have dish, have a contract for a while yet. Going to be really ****** if they drop BTN. Anyway to get out of a contract?

You may be able to argue with them that because they no longer have the BTN they are no longer meeting your needs. They may knock off a little. Otherwise though a contract is a contract, and if you break it they will nail you.

In all realty though, I highly doubt they drop it for good. You see this crap all the time. Networks and providers are just jockeying for position and sooner or later the providers almost always crack. It's too bad that we the subscribers have to be the pawns in the whole ordeal. I just saw that WHO 13 in Des Moines is going to be pulled on 9/1 from DirecTV. It'll be gone for a few days and then one will budge and it will be back.

Y'all are welcome to come by my casa when Iowa is on BTN this saison. I have multiple BTN HD channels plus on demand.
Oz, you can prolly ride down on your bike...should only take you a couple of weeks. :D

Pretty sure I'm going to be making the switch as well despite the pain in the keester it will be to move equipment out of the media closet so the installer can get to the tv lines. Does anyone that has the whole house DVR know how the setup works? I see that they need a ethernet line so I'm wondering if I need to move my router or not.

Pretty sure I'm going to be making the switch as well despite the pain in the keester it will be to move equipment out of the media closet so the installer can get to the tv lines. Does anyone that has the whole house DVR know how the setup works? I see that they need a ethernet line so I'm wondering if I need to move my router or not.

don't mess with anything, give them a call and tell them what you want, the installer will go over the best options, will probably get you a couple of receivers for free and you will be hooked up and running by the time they go.

Ethernet is only need for your web programming.

Whole home is done by a junction that connects all coax from your tv boxes. Your main coax goes into this junction as the lead then all others are networked from there.

You won't need to move your router.

Last edited:
If you're in the Waukee area and need a place to watch the game stop on by. All I ask in return is you bring alcohol and some wings from Jethro's to get a seat. I have room for about 8 extra people and a 60 inch TV to watch. Bring your gf or wife also. this will give my wife someone to talk too and prevent her from whining about it being to loud.

Latest posts