My conclusion.....It's just plain stubborness

SpiderRico

Jon's theory is that JR must be turning it over in practice or showing the staff enough for them to conclude that he's not Big 10 ready and that Sokol only has 2 years to play 3 so they don't want to burn his redshirt so that's why JVB is continuing to be trotted out there series after series. I don't buy it.

Regardless of how Saturday night went, it was still only one loss, against a non-divisional opponent. We still have 3 games left against the 3 other contenders in the division....NW, Mich and Neb. The opportunity to play an average Wisconsin team for the right to go to the Rose Bowl is still within reach. Why wait until next year when OSU is back in contention and the B1G will HAVE to be better because it can't be any worse? That doesn't make any sense.

Therefore, my only conclusion is this. KF and the staff 100% believe that JVB gives them the best chance to win and are stubbornly standing by that assertion irregardless of what the gamefilm shows and what the results on the field indicate. There is no other plausible explanation that can be given.

And if that is the case, then this staff, and the head coach in particular, have jumped the shark. They have failed in preparing the starter to operate at a B1G level of play and have failed in properly preparing a backup QB to play meaningful minutes when all indications whether statistical, subjective, objective or any other measure of evaluation says that the starter just isn't cutting it. That level of incompentence, in my mind, is grounds for termination.

Kf is like Adam Sandler in Billy Madison when he rolls up to the high school in the black Trans Am Billy Squier on the radio with the Reo Speedway shirt and jean jacket on. Hes so stuck in the past its embarrassing.

Jon's theory is that JR must be turning it over in practice or showing the staff enough for them to conclude that he's not Big 10 ready and that Sokol only has 2 years to play 3 so they don't want to burn his redshirt so that's why JVB is continuing to be trotted out there series after series. I don't buy it.

Regardless of how Saturday night went, it was still only one loss, against a non-divisional opponent. We still have 3 games left against the 3 other contenders in the division....NW, Mich and Neb. The opportunity to play an average Wisconsin team for the right to go to the Rose Bowl is still within reach. Why wait until next year when OSU is back in contention and the B1G will HAVE to be better because it can't be any worse? That doesn't make any sense.

Therefore, my only conclusion is this. KF and the staff 100% believe that JVB gives them the best chance to win and are stubbornly standing by that assertion irregardless of what the gamefilm shows and what the results on the field indicate. There is no other plausible explanation that can be given.

And if that is the case, then this staff, and the head coach in particular, have jumped the shark. They have failed in preparing the starter to operate at a B1G level of play and have failed in properly preparing a backup QB to play meaningful minutes when all indications whether statistical, subjective, objective or any other measure of evaluation says that the starter just isn't cutting it. That level of incompentence, in my mind, is grounds for termination.

If you believe that stubborness is a character flaw... I agree.

Another flaw with Coach Ferntz is that when something doesn't work... over and over... not working...

You need to try something else.

I understand loyalty but I also understand JVB will be loyal to the program when he agrees to sit for awhile and allow for a change when there is no alternate to the impending loss... defeat with no chance.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying here, but I think there is more to it than just playing the best quarterback. And are you surprised that KF is stubborn? Did you just discover this? Most Head Coaches are that way. I think it comes down to a pretty simple equation for the coaching staff:

Does benching James for a lesser back up help the team win more games? Does it send a good message to the team about how the coaching staff treats 5th year seniors? Does this somehow send a message about his confidence in his new OC? At the end of the day, we can ***** all we want to, but the coaching staff needs to balance winning an extra game with keeping the confidence of the locker room too. KF is smart enough to balance all of that. If Sokol had an extra year, it might be different. If a back up was superior to James, don't you think it would be obvious to the players too?

I have less to complain about KF's dealing with back up QBs. He got totally out-coached on Saturday. No doubt about that. Put in anyone at QB. Wouldn't matter.

And, irregardless is not a word.

Kf is like Adam Sandler in Billy Madison when he rolls up to the high school in the black Trans Am Billy Squier on the radio with the Reo Speedway shirt and jean jacket on. Hes so stuck in the past its embarrassing.

He's also like the science teacher in Billy Madison,

"Chlorophyll? More like Borophyll! Am I right?"

Lol, humor can poke its head up in the ugliest of times. Lately it's been butt ugly on the football field and seroius as it is I have been laughing at some of the comments on this thread and on other threads as well. I realize its just a game but life an be hard at times and following a sports team can be a temporary escape from some of the stresses of life. Then I think of major league baseball and how that has worked out being a cubs fan for 46 years......eff it. I'm jumping....

({ splat})........ Oops. sorry JV I didn't see you standing down there.......I wonder what KF will do now? Probably start some back up who goes on to win the rest of our games and make it to the rose bowl. :p

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but no way, no how... do I ever, ever compare Kirk to a freakin Adam Sandler character! Ever!:confused::rolleyes::mad:

The idea that KF is not playing his best players, or is not capable of determining who his best players are, is mind numbingly ******* stupid, as is anyone who believes that to be true.

This is exactly dead on IMO. Couldn't have worded it any better.

QUOTE=SpiderRico;946550]Jon's theory is that JR must be turning it over in practice or showing the staff enough for them to conclude that he's not Big 10 ready and that Sokol only has 2 years to play 3 so they don't want to burn his redshirt so that's why JVB is continuing to be trotted out there series after series. I don't buy it.

And if that is the case, then this staff, and the head coach in particular, have jumped the shark. They have failed in preparing the starter to operate at a B1G level of play and have failed in properly preparing a backup QB to play meaningful minutes when all indications whether statistical, subjective, objective or any other measure of evaluation says that the starter just isn't cutting it. That level of incompentence, in my mind, is grounds for termination.[/QUOTE]

The idea that KF is not playing his best players, or is not capable of determining who his best players are, is mind numbingly ******* stupid, as is anyone who believes that to be true.

You dont read so well, do you? Typical for a permanent troll such as yourself. The next positive, contributory post you make will be your first. Pretty sad for a guy with over 12,000 posts. Loser.

joshhawk is absolutely crushing it in this thread
keep it going, josh :D

Egon says you can't cross the streams, it would be bad. Kirk says he can't play anybody else at qb it would bad. See what I did there.

Greg Davis hire gave that comment a STAMP of approval. Your so right Josh..

Sokol only has 2 years to play 3

Will someone please explain to me what this means. Isn't he a redshirt Freshman giving him 4 years after this one?

The idea that determining who the best players are is so cut and dry that coaches never make mistakes is mind numbingly stupid. You think there has never been a case where two players are very similar in practice but the backup is better under pressure? What about if the better player is struggling or in a slump so the worse player is better at that given time? It's rare to see someone struggle that bad and not get pulled.

Latest posts