MSU with 4 and Duke with 3 fouls and a minute to go, RIGHT???

uihawk82

C'mon, only if a few things happened. 1) the refs swallowed their whistles yet called a foul on MSU with 6 seconds to go, 2) just great defensive players who can shutdown offenses without really fouling (yet both teams are not in the top 30 of defense so I dont think this is it), or 3) the players played smart defense position wise and not reaching and clutching and bodying. I think it is a little of 1 and 3.

We know how MSU plays physical defense and against a super talented offensive team to only make 4 fouls in 19 minutes sounds funky and what is up type stuff?

Know I didnt see much of the game so I will take your comments as gospel. In the end Duke was in a bad spot only having 3 fouls with 7 seconds to go so it hurt them as long as MSU could inbounds the ball.

Not a great fan of Izzo the Screamer (his Roman emperor name) but good to see a Big team make the final four after the crushing loss Purdue went thru.

I’m inclined to think the refs were instructed by the NCAA to do (1). My gut says fewer fouls are called during the tournament. Let ‘em play. At this level the players can handle a more physical game. Keep players on the floor, not on the bench.

The Dance is NCAA’s big cash cow. No point in tipping it by calling ticky-tack stuff.