Mr. Cooper needs to pick up the phone

RADMAN

I am just wondering if Darian has been burning up the wire to CK. I have a strange feeling that not only has Cooper but also Lomax and Coker. I remember at 18 how much influence my fellow teammates had on steering me and I wonder if that played in on why CK didn't sign. Don't get me wrong, I think the same thing may be happening with his brother and if he chose to go to Bama everyone would understand. We will build another top OT from the scrap heap anyway. Just curious what everyone thinks.

Can his brother contact him?

I was wondering this yesterday. It's been a dead period since 1/31 so i wasn't sure what the NCAA (stupid) regulations were on it?

I initialily had some thoughts similar to the OP but I have thought about it more and I don't think it's that simple. Just because you go to the same high school or even play on the same team doesn't mean you are friends or even like each other. Maybe the Iowa guys aren't close with CK.

You also can't blame CK, he's being recruited by the best of the best. It's not his fault the Iowa guys didn't get offers from Auburn and Alabama. CK has a chance to play in the best football conference in America and compete for a Nat'l title every year...that's hard to pass up.

Another reality...southern state school girls are crazy hot. :)

I initialily had some thoughts similar to the OP but I have thought about it more and I don't think it's that simple. Just because you go to the same high school or even play on the same team doesn't mean you are friends or even like each other. Maybe the Iowa guys aren't close with CK.

You also can't blame CK, he's being recruited by the best of the best. It's not his fault the Iowa guys didn't get offers from Auburn and Alabama. CK has a chance to play in the best football conference in America and compete for a Nat'l title every year...that's hard to pass up.

From all account Cyrus and Cooper and very close. People will tell you that they are listed as "brothers" on eachother's facebook pages. I wouldn't know that for sure as I don't perv on underage facebook pages.

Looking for a clarification on NCAA rules here. Are the coaches still allowed to press players and recruit during the signing period? Also, can our current players and/or recruits grill CK?

The Cyrus K recruitng story has become quite turbulent and totally unpredictable. Since it is public record that his family can't predict what he is going to do, none of us has realistic chance to do so either. He is obviously a great player and seems like a nice kid who is struggling with a big decision. The facts are we are one of three BCS schools he visited and he has not signed an LOI. Our chances may look slim but it could happen. Let's stay positive.

The brother cam do whatever he wants, see the Hoch brothers and Mizzou last year as example. Not really sure about current players. Im sure they chat after official visits, but don't know the ncaa's view on it.

pick up the phone?

you do realize they go to school together, right?

I'm guessing he can do better than a phone call.......or a 'tweet'......

I can imagine what might be going on now...

CK is sitting in Civics or Lit class...and hearing whispers from behind "Cyyyrusss.....it's great to be a Hawkeye boyyyyy" "Come on mannnnn.... come wit your boys to I O....Wayyyy" "We gon rule the Beeg 10"...

Coop and Lomax with big grins on their faces...

pick up the phone?

you do realize they go to school together, right?

I'm guessing he can do better than a phone call.......or a 'tweet'......

Agreed. I would think he is doing more than calling the guy. If I were Cooper I would be sending him texts and picture messages throughout class today that said "Iowa" or were pictures of only Tiger Hawks.

Jan. 31 - Feb. 3: Dead period. During a "Dead Period," coaches cannot:
  • Make in-person recruiting contacts
  • Conduct in-person evaluations -- on or off-campus
  • Schedule official campus visits
  • Allow unofficial campus visits
  • Offer complimentary tickets to games
The only permissible communications during a "Dead Period" are phone calls (limited to one call per week) and correspondence.

Feb. 4 - April 14: Quiet Period. During a "Quiet Period," in-person recruiting activity is limited to contact on campus, as part of an official or unofficial recruiting visit.

From all account Cyrus and Cooper and very close. People will tell you that they are listed as "brothers" on eachother's facebook pages. I wouldn't know that for sure as I don't perv on underage facebook pages.
He could also hate Marcus Coker or Jordan Lomax.

Jan. 31 - Feb. 3: Dead period. During a "Dead Period," coaches cannot:
  • Make in-person recruiting contacts
  • Conduct in-person evaluations -- on or off-campus
  • Schedule official campus visits
  • Allow unofficial campus visits
  • Offer complimentary tickets to games
The only permissible communications during a "Dead Period" are phone calls (limited to one call per week) and correspondence.

Feb. 4 - April 14: Quiet Period. During a "Quiet Period," in-person recruiting activity is limited to contact on campus, as part of an official or unofficial recruiting visit.

Oh ok. Not nearly as "dead" as I thought.

I am just wondering if Darian has been burning up the wire to CK. I have a strange feeling that not only has Cooper but also Lomax and Coker. I remember at 18 how much influence my fellow teammates had on steering me and I wonder if that played in on why CK didn't sign. Don't get me wrong, I think the same thing may be happening with his brother and if he chose to go to Bama everyone would understand. We will build another top OT from the scrap heap anyway. Just curious what everyone thinks.

Phone? Cooper, Cyrus, Lomax all went out to IHOP last night for a celebration meal per Lomax.

Hotties are hotties.

Latest posts