Mount Rushmore of point guards

I think you have to throw Dean Oliver and Jeff Horner on there for consideration.

There are only 4 heads on Mount Rushmore though and as good of players as either one of those guys were they do not take any of them off. Now if you are doing a ranking of a top 5 or top 10 then they are for sure on the list but I don't think either are top 4. Just my opinion though

Too funny as I am on vacation next week and we are actually thinking about visiting Mt. Rushmore.

Jeff Horner is Iowa's all-time assist leader.

That's obviously not the only measurement, but he would be in the discussion for me.

He's also second all-time in three-pointers made.

Horner was a great hawkeye and so was marble.but tell mewho do you take off. Armstrong lead his team to elite 8. Ronnie took us to final 4. Andrea should of been big ten player of year and almost single handed beat Kentucky his senior year. Downtown is s legend. Again ask who u pull off. Do you go numbers or how the team did.

Horner was a great hawkeye and so was marble.but tell mewho do you take off. Armstrong lead his team to elite 8. Ronnie took us to final 4. Andrea should of been big ten player of year and almost single handed beat Kentucky his senior year. Downtown is s legend. Again ask who u pull off. Do you go numbers or how the team did.

Great point and I agree that when evaluating a pg's performance how the team did has to be considered as they are the floor general, but I think numbers also have to play a part. Absolutely nothing wrong with your top 4, but I think you could also make the argument that if Horner or Devyn swapped spots with BJ they could have done similar things with the talent on that team. Mt. Rushmore needs more heads.

First I love horner saw him play a couple time in aau .followed in high school at mason city. Marble no problem good player. But with numbers can be misleading. Look at baseball a 300 hitter get a basehit with 2 outs. I would rather have 250 hitter that gets. A hit players around. Another about numbers is emmit smith. Best running back of all time. No he is one of my favorites