More Gee:Bret Bielema is a thug

This dude had a full on "Tommy Boy" moment. Got in front of the crowd...was killin it....feelin the flow....feelin a liiiitle too comfortable.....aaaaaaaaand...."KILL WHITEY!!!"

Wow, Gee needs to shut his trap or he is going to be "tresselized" out of columbus. He is probably correct about a lot of the stuff he said but if you are going to negotiate down the line and try to have one of the super conferences you dont burn a bunch of bridges ahead of time.

I agree with S. Smith however Smith would lose his mind if Gee made a comment about blacks.

Should Gee Be Fired For Comments? - ESPN Video - ESPN

Here's how i rank them in severity - 1st being most severe - last being least

1. The comment about Louisville was not meant to be funny - I'm sure they didn't like that

2. The comment about SEC was a Juvenile attempt at humor.

3. The comment about Catholics was just an attempt to be funny

If he were at a publicly traded corporation he'd be canned immediatly. It shows poor judgement and sound judgement is assumed / required at his level -for those reasons more than any other it is a big head shaker.

Nothing Gee said was that out of line. A simple apology should more than suffice. But of course the liberal, over-the-top PC police will blow this way out of proportion. This country is pathetic sometimes. Whatever happened to this country's balls?

Nothing Gee said was that out of line. A simple apology should more than suffice. But of course the liberal, over-the-top PC police will blow this way out of proportion. This country is pathetic sometimes. Whatever happened to this country's balls?

<<Whatever happened to this country's balls?>>

Oprah stuffed them in her mouth

I think loss of job is out of proportion so I'm a bit surprised. At the same time, he has put his foot in his mouth before and a U pres. should not do that even once.

Anyone think the B.O.T at OSU just got tired of him or think it was they mythical pressure faned by the media? I saw no outrage at all over his comments from those mentioned in his remarks (catholics, SEC people).

Maybe we've only seen the tip of the iceberg.

did anyone see Fat Bret's response?:

In a statement released by Arkansas, Bielema, who is now the Razorbacks' coach, said, "While I am appreciative he did apologize, my sincere hope is Dr. Gee realizes given the stature of his position the full power his words have to affect public perception. Throughout my career, I have strived to make my name synonymous with high character, values and integrity, and I will continue to do so."