More ESPN crediblity...

hawkdrummer1

So I'm watching the scroll last night across the bottom of ESPN. ODDS to win the men's bball NC. Most as you'd think Kansas 11-2, Gonzaga 7-1 ...etc etc. Everything pretty much to form. Iowa was 75-1 just inside their top 25. Then I see Wisconsin at 100-1 and.... wait for it.... Minnesota also at 100-1. I waited for it to roll around twice more to be sure I wasn't reading it wrong. Nope. Men's bball odds to win the NCAA Championship. Minnesota 100-1

What stoned Gopher intern did these numbers?

EDIT: just saw it again. Un f***ing beliveable.

Last edited:
So I'm watching the scroll last night across the bottom of ESPN. ODDS to win the men's bball NC. Most as you'd think Kansas 7-2, Gonzaga 10-1 ...etc etc. Everything pretty much to form. Iowa was 75-1 just inside their top 20. Then I see Wisconsin at 100-1 and.... wait for it.... Minnesota also at 100-1. I waited for it to roll around twice more to be sure I wasn't reading it wrong. Nope. Men's bball odds to win the NCAA Championship. Minnesota 100-1

After pissing away their latest opportunity in the land of brats and cheese and leniency towards repeat drunk drivers their current odds of making the dance at all aren't much better than that.

Iowa at 75-1 isn't a bad play. Not when you have a legit go to that can carry a team on his back.

Of course most champions are top 20 in KenPom's adjusted D and Iowa is more like 85th, hence the 75-1 odds.

Last edited:
So I'm watching the scroll last night across the bottom of ESPN. ODDS to win the men's bball NC. Most as you'd think Kansas 7-2, Gonzaga 10-1 ...etc etc. Everything pretty much to form. Iowa was 75-1 just inside their top 20. Then I see Wisconsin at 100-1 and.... wait for it.... Minnesota also at 100-1. I waited for it to roll around twice more to be sure I wasn't reading it wrong. Nope. Men's bball odds to win the NCAA Championship. Minnesota 100-1

Mini Dick Pitino will never win anything other than the Best Team In Minnesota award. And that don’t mean shit.

His Jedi Master was the most skilled cheater in all of sports and Little Dicky can’t even scratch together a winning record. He sucks.

Mini Dick Pitino will never win anything other than the Best Team In Minnesota award. And that don’t mean shit.

His Jedi Master was the most skilled cheater in all of sports and Little Dicky can’t even scratch together a winning record. He sucks.

And he was Big 10 Coach of the Year 3 seasons ago. :)

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-richard-pitino-named-big-ten-coach-of-the-year/415511034/

gophers-basketball-2.jpg

Maybe Beilein wants back in the Big and they will dump little ricky 'arnaz' pitino

There have been murmurs of this around the Twin Cities. Some think Beilein should be their target.

Pitino is under contract until Spring of 2024 but his buyout drops to $2M at the end of April. That's Barta-like bad timing (no doubt negotiated by Pitino's agent). You put the buyout drop at the end of March. That way if you want to replace him, you're in position to snatch up an available candidate during Final Four weekend and make a splash.

Last edited:
From what I understand it's pretty difficult to win the title if you don't even make the NCAA tournament. Maybe they will be the first to do so.

Latest posts