Montee Ball Scored 13 TDs. . .

thejumper5

. . .at times in games when his team was already ahead by at least 20 points this season.

Lead before the touchdown was scored and number of TDs:
20-27---8

28-34---2

35-41---2

42+---1

What he's doing this year is impressive but I wish they'd stop talking about passing Sanders 39 TD's. When you get extra games to play in today's college football seasons and they now count bowl game stats...it's apple to oranges.

. . .at times in games when his team was already ahead by at least 20 points this season.

20-27---8

28-34---2

35-41---2

42+---1

So...he plays on a good team is what you're saying?

20-27---8

28-34---2

35-41---2

42+---1

So what? Can he help it that his team dominated a lot of teams this year? He's a big reason why they were so good in the first place. I wouldn't penalize a guy for being so dominant that the score was often not very close. He scored 11 TDs against the best defenses he faced (in five games). He's earned a chance at the record.

How many TDs did Sanders score under similar circumstances (up big)?

What he's doing this year is impressive but I wish they'd stop talking about passing Sanders 39 TD's. When you get extra games to play in today's college football seasons and they now count bowl game stats...it's apple to oranges.

So I take it you don't believe Roger Maris broke Babe Ruth's single-season HR record? After all, he had more games to do it in.

20-27---8

28-34---2

35-41---2

42+---1

I am definitely not a Wisconsin or BB apologist but I thought I heard a statistic over the weekend that MB didn't have a single 4th quarter rushing attempt in 6 of their games. If that is accurate, I don't think they were padding his stats. If that was their intent, he would have smashed the TD record already.

So he scored 25 when his team was up by less than 20 points, or trailing? Not sure what the point is. 25 is impressive as well

Here's a short snippet describing Sanders year in 1988 from the link below (by the way, Nile Kinnick is #10 in the list). 2 of Sanders' TDs were not rushing but return TDs. His season total with the Bowl game is 42 TDs!

ESPN.com - Page2 - Best individual college football seasons

Sanders rushed for 2,628 yards, an NCAA record.

He had 3,249 total yards, an NCAA record.

Sanders scored 39 TDs (37 rushing, 1 kick return, 1 punt return), an NCAA record.

He averaged 7.6 yards per carry.

He rushed for 300+ yards in four games.

That was during the 11-game regular season. In the Holiday Bowl against Wyoming, he ran for 222 yards and 5 TDs. In three quarters. He sat out the fourth, as OSU won 62-14.

Sanders had replaced Thurman Thomas at Oklahoma State ...

Latest posts