Oct. 20th Games
Illinois 23 at Wisconsin 33
Penn St. 36 at Indiana 27
Maryland 24 at Iowa 31
Michigan 30 at Mich. St. 24
Minnesota 32 at Nebraska 27
N’western 31 at Rutgers 24
Ohio St. 35 at Purdue 30

I would put Penn State down the list. They lost to a team that was going backward at the end of the Northwestern game during their critical drives at the end of the game. MSU offensively can't get any push in the running game...and they don't protect well. This MSU team is going to get hammered by Michigan next week...and Michigan appears to have an attitude that they aren't overlooking anybody. As you suggest...if MSU scores 24 next week against Michigan...I'll eat my hat.

Until a West team beats Wisconsin...I'm not sure how you can't have them first. Northwestern is one dimensional. Thorson threw 64 times yesterday...AGAINST NEBRASKA, a winless team. Honestly, I'm more worried about Purdue than Northwestern...one is at home and hopefully at night...and one is on the road against a scary offensive football team...and a great offensive head coach.

Week 7 Power Rankings
1.) Ohio St.
2.) Penn St.
3.) Michigan
4.) Iowa
5.) Purdue
6.) Wisconsin
7.) Maryland
8.) Michigan St.
9.) Minnesota
10.) Northwestern
11.) Indiana
12.) Illinois
13.) Nebraska
14.) Rutgers

EAST
1.) Ohio St. (4-0) (7-0)
— Michigan (4-0) (6-1)
3.) Maryland (2-1) (4-2)
— Michigan St. (2-1) (4-2)
5.) Penn St. (1-2) (4-2)
6.) Indiana (1-3) (4-3)
7.) Rutgers (0-4) (1-6)

WEST
1.) Northwestern (3-1) (3-3)
2.) Iowa (2-1) (5-1)
— Wisconsin (2-1) (4-2)
— Purdue (2-1) (3-3)
5.) Illinois (1-2) (3-3)
6.) Minnesota (0-3) (3-3)
7.) Nebraska (0-4) (0-6)

Oct. 20th Games
Illinois 23 at Wisconsin 33
Penn St. 36 at Indiana 27
Maryland 24 at Iowa 31
Michigan 30 at Mich. St. 24
Minnesota 32 at Nebraska 27
N’western 31 at Rutgers 24
Ohio St. 35 at Purdue 30

1. Ohio St - nobrainer at this point
2. Michigan - their loss is looking good at this point and have good conference wins
3. Penn St - still ultra-talented and a have great QB, will they pack it in?
4. Wisconsin - head to head over Iowa gives them the edge, but AH limits them big time
5. Iowa - ISU win looks better every week
6. Michigan St - mentally tough team to win a game like yesterday
7. Maryland - talented, have a great win OOC, need to prove it in the B1G
8. Northwestern - head to head over Purdue gives them the edge
9. Purdue - no more tomato cans, they too have a prove it home game coming up
10. Indiana - ran into a buzz saw yesterday but I like their QB
11. Minnesota - say what you will about Fleck, but his team plays hard
12. Nebraska - I have to put somebody here
13. Illinois - see above
14. Rutgers - keep cashing those BTN revenue checks

I would put Penn State down the list. They lost to a team that was going backward at the end of the Northwestern game during their critical drives at the end of the game. MSU offensively can't get any push in the running game...and they don't protect well. This MSU team is going to get hammered by Michigan next week...and Michigan appears to have an attitude that they aren't overlooking anybody. As you suggest...if MSU scores 24 next week against Michigan...I'll eat my hat.

Until a West team beats Wisconsin...I'm not sure how you can't have them first. Northwestern is one dimensional. Thorson threw 64 times yesterday...AGAINST NEBRASKA, a winless team. Honestly, I'm more worried about Purdue than Northwestern...one is at home and hopefully at night...and one is on the road against a scary offensive football team...and a great offensive head coach.

I agree with most of ^^ but Mich run game is their strength but MSU's main defensive strength is against the run so I think it will be fairly close. Huge rivalry games can be crazy.

Like I posted in my other thread. My rankings are based upon points scored and points given up. (Scoring margin). With that said, I agree with most of your opinions. Imho, Michigan right now is the best in the East, and Iowa is the best in the West. My rankings are not based on where I think they should be, but where they currently are, based upon offensive and defensive averages. I’m keeping it very simple because at the end of the game, it’s all about who outscored who. As you will see as the season progresses, the cream will rise to the top, and my final rankings will reflect that. But it makes good conversation. Keep it coming!