Mizzou's distance sours SEC

It can get cold and snowy in November. Sec schools don't want that!!

The distance between Columbia, SC and College Station, TX is 1,069 miles compared to the 1,000 mile distance Florida complained about. The south has been afraid of the north since the Civil War; ironically Missouri fought for the South LOL.

It borders three SEC states. It is a long trip for Florida, but the last I checked, there are others schools in the conference.

ESPN and ABC have formed a partnership with Texas, so I don't think they are going to publish many things that reflect positively on Mizzou because Mizzou took a stand against the Longhorn Network. During the Texas-Oklahoma game last Saturday, Brent Musburger and Kirk Herbstreit provided a live, on-air promo for the Longhorn Network during the telecast.

So they don't want Missouri because they add nothing to the conference and could send the rest of the conferences into free-for-all. This is an excuse. Guess what most of those are not good. Plain and simple Missouri is like ISU and needs the B12.

It's not like Florida would ever have to actually schedule a game in Missouri in November. When was the last time TX played a November game in Ames? Never?

The distance between Columbia, SC and College Station, TX is 1,069 miles compared to the 1,000 mile distance Florida complained about. The south has been afraid of the north since the Civil War; ironically Missouri fought for the South LOL.

Actually, Missouri remained in the Union, though indeed a lot of its citizens fought for the South.

distance should sour every conference when it comes to realignment. this is why the big ten will continue to be the premier league despite having less actual talent on the field.

distance should sour every conference when it comes to realignment. this is why the big ten will continue to be the premier league despite having less actual talent on the field.
images

It borders three SEC states. It is a long trip for Florida, but the last I checked, there are others schools in the conference.
This. Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, even Alabama not that far away. Sounds like excuse now that Mizzou doesn't NEED a home.

It can get cold and snowy in November. Sec schools don't want that!!

And a lot of this. They want that fast, pass happy football that is near impossible once the temps get into the low 30's. They want to keep themselves sheltered from the cold!

It snows in Lexington, too

The reason to go after Missouri is that if you don't, who are you left with? Either CUSA schools or Big East schools in non-SEC states. No ACC schools are going to jump. I think they would most love to grab OU and Ok State, but, since they said no, the SEC is confined to a small group of schools to consider.

Missouri
West Virginia
Cincinnati
East Carolina
Marshall
Houston

Latest posts