Mizzou fan here.

Just wanted to stop by and wish you guys good luck on the game. I have been waiting for this game a long time, and am looking forward to a battle. If you are interested in talking football with some mizzou fans, feel free to visit our message board at www.tigerboard.com.

Seems like there is alot of negativity towards playing Missouri and I can tell ya this, they will give the Hawks all they can handle and it will be a good game. Iowa is a good team and is vastly underrated for their 7-5 record.

If you have any questions about the Tigers, feel free to ask.

Good luck.

Just wanted to stop by and wish you guys good luck on the game. I have been waiting for this game a long time, and am looking forward to a battle. If you are interested in talking football with some mizzou fans, feel free to visit our message board at www.tigerboard.com.

Seems like there is alot of negativity towards playing Missouri and I can tell ya this, they will give the Hawks all they can handle and it will be a good game. Iowa is a good team and is vastly underrated for their 7-5 record.

Good luck.

Come on. It's only been a hundred years.

Nice post. Congrats on a great season.

The negativity is mainly because of disappointment in not playing Nebraska. It's not because anyone thinks Missouri is a push-over.

Good luck.
I don't think the negativity is to playing Mizzou. I think it is that Iowa has underperformed and is banged up and that we don't know which team will show up. I think that is the concern, not that Mizzou is a bad opponent (cause I think they're darn good). Definately better than what Iowa put on the field the last 4 games.

Last edited:
Jeebus, all I can say is you are going to have plenty of opportunities to play those guys in the future :) and let me tell you, you will be tired of them after the first game. I think we are 5-5 versus them over the last ten years and the arrogance and sense of entitlement never ceases to amaze me.

Yes, as the previous posters have noted...any negativity is due to the hyping of a Nebraska match up and also to our current swirling in the toilet bowl.

You'll probably kill us.

Good luck.

Um, we just lost to Minnesota and got beat by NW so yes you would be correct.

I do have a question for you guys. Your star receiver was just kicked off the team I read, but how is his backup? did he play much this year? is he a young player, etc?

To tell you the truth, I am worried about your backup coming in and having a career game against us cause we probably dont have any film on him.

Jeebus, all I can say is you are going to have plenty of opportunities to play those guys in the future :) and let me tell you, you will be tired of them after the first game. I think we are 5-5 versus them over the last ten years and the arrogance and sense of entitlement never ceases to amaze me.

Yeah, I know but I just can't wait to beat those rubes. I live in Omaha. I'm immersed in the stench of husker arrogance here. I told a husker fan this a couple of days ago;
"Iowa can't compete in the annals of history, but I like our chances on the field."

I do have a question for you guys. Your star receiver was just kicked off the team I read, but how is his backup? did he play much this year? is he a young player, etc?

To tell you the truth, I am worried about your backup coming in and having a career game against us cause we probably dont have any film on him.

His backup is a 5th year white Iowa senior. Sandeman. he returns punts and is a possession receiver. however, there is a young kid that can play, but not sure he will fill the void in the bowl game as he usually backs up McNutt.

no offense, but your lack of "film" on DJK's backup has no impact on your defensive scheme. we could throw you in there at WR and the offense would be the exact same thing

I dont necessarily agree with that, but its all good.
We have a pretty decent pass defense so that will help. One of our best D-lineman, Dominque Hamilton, broke his ankle during the Oklahoma game, and our rush D is supsect sometimes. Thats what I worry about the most.

His backup is a 5th year white Iowa senior. Sandeman. he returns punts and is a possession receiver. however, there is a young kid that can play, but not sure he will fill the void in the bowl game as he usually backs up McNutt.

Sandeman is a 4th year player

We haven't even played them yet and I already am sick of them. Is there any chace you would take them back:rolleyes:? I was really upset when the Big Ten took them and not Mizzou I'm hoping that the Big Ten will take you guys in the next round but I don't think its going to happen. One of my buddy's is a Mizzou fan and we used to go back and forth about basketball all the time. All I can say is Iowa better win or I'll never hear the end of it.

your team can skip practice---we will probably just be mailing it in again.

Correct Touche. Mizzou fan if I were you I would back up the truck and bet all you can on the Tigers. There is so much negativity around the Hawkeye program right now there is no way they'll pull it back together for the bowl game. It's unfortunate really because if the Sr. class is worth a lick they would rally the troops. Be prepared for Adrian Clayborn to do very little beyond straightening his dreadlocks during the game. Stanzi will likely put up his best effort of the year but it will be too little as the Hawkeye's conclude the year on one of the worst collapses in modern Hawkeye history.

boy I am not sure, Seems like Iowa almost always plays well in their bowl game. I know Mizzou will be fired up for redemption after last years bowl loss. Pinkel should have the troops focused but you never know about us. I just hope the same team shows up that whooped Oklahoma.

boy I am not sure, Seems like Iowa almost always plays well in their bowl game. I know Mizzou will be fired up for redemption after last years bowl loss. Pinkel should have the troops focused but you never know about us. I just hope the same team shows up that whooped Oklahoma.

You guys will be shooting at a sinking ship. Shouldn't be too hard for you to take down Iowa.

Latest posts