Mizzou about to beg Texas...

Mizzou WILL be in the Big 10

Do you honestly believe the Mizzou chancellor is calling the Texas Pres. to say "Hey, we're going to the Big Ten."? Hell no. He's calling because Mizzou doesn't have a good option right now.

The absolute ONLY way Mizzou ends up in the Big Ten is if UT and TAMU go to the Big Ten and Mizzou comes with them. Mizzou will either beg UT and TAMU to come to the Big 10, or keep the Big 12 together.

Mizzou making this call makes it pretty clear they aren't currently on the Big Ten's invite list. The only way they can change that is to get Texas/TAMU into the league, or they need the Big 12 to stay together.

i think mizzou IS on the invite list...they are just lower than texas(so A&M as well) and the big 10 is waiting to see what those schools do before they work their way down the list

Mizzou is dangling out there on a thin limb. Is it possible they get an invite? Yea,but not probable,hence the cya move with Texas. Suddenly they are in the ISU predicament...ouch. I suppose they could go SEC or something.
Pecking order for the Big Ten: Neb,ND,Rutgers.

I just don't see Mizzou in the big ten! you can argue that they balance out an even number of teams to the big ten if we add ND, but beyond that... what's the allure? Why not try and get Rutgers or Maryland to expand your footprint a little and jump into a big market? You can't tell me that Mizzou brings more than either of those teams- they don't count as "southern" expansion and the only real advantage they bring is they "fit" geography wise. they look like a money drain on the rest of the conference.

Mizzou is dangling out there on a thin limb. Is it possible they get an invite? Yea,but not probable,hence the cya move with Texas. Suddenly they are in the ISU predicament...ouch. I suppose they could go SEC or something.
Pecking order for the Big Ten: Neb,ND,Rutgers.

HA- ISU can now have a HUGE rival in MIZZOU... the teams that nobody wanted!

whatever happens to Missouri in the end won't be that bad, but it sure is fun watching them twist in the wind

whatever happens to Missouri in the end won't be that bad, but it sure is fun watching them twist in the wind

I agree. They have two many TV sets in their state to totally lose. By the way, other than maybe IL is there another Midwest program that does less with their resources than Mizzou? They are two major metropolitan areas in their state, and like 6 million people total. They don't have a single competing in-state school. Yet, they still can't consistently be good. They really have a loyalty problem in their state, especially in their metros.

Mizzou has so many TV sets in their state, that a 8-4 Mizzou team gets jumped in the bowl order by a 6-6 ISU.

I agree. They have two many TV sets in their state to totally lose. By the way, other than maybe IL is there another Midwest program that does less with their resources than Mizzou? They are two major metropolitan areas in their state, and like 6 million people total. They don't have a single competing in-state school. Yet, they still can't consistently be good. They really have a loyalty problem in their state, especially in their metros.

The problem with those tv sets is they are not tuned into Mizzou football now and its free. That's the reason they cant sell out the stadium and why they get the "shaft" every bowl year. No-one travels. St Louis has too many professional teams and K.C. is split three ways between KU, KSU and MU

Mizzou has so many TV sets in their state, that a 8-4 Mizzou team gets jumped in the bowl order by a 6-6 ISU.

TV sets are overrated in the bowl selection process. That factor is considered, but the amount of fans they bring to the game matters more.

TV sets are overrated in the bowl selection process. That factor is considered, but the amount of fans they bring to the game matters more.
I agree with you. Thats why I put in that they dont travel well. They are not like Hawk fans or Husker Fans.

i wouldn't say overrated... because they are very much considered and not that much further down the list. agree that butts in the seats trumps all though.

Mizzou WILL be in the Big 10

This is the second post of yours I have read today, and you have been off on both (the other one was in the ISU to Big East thread, where you were saying travel would be an issue, which is of course, completely false). I've only seen two.

At least take the bat off your shoulder and go down swinging.

This is the second post of yours I have read today, and you have been off on both (the other one was in the ISU to Big East thread, where you were saying travel would be an issue, which is of course, completely false). I've only seen two.

At least take the bat off your shoulder and go down swinging.

Nice- thanks for joining, i've argued both these points as well!

The only way I see Mizz in the B10 now is if the B10 takes a shot at a couple of big east teams in order to force notre dames hand. Pick up two big east schools, ND, and then Mizzou to balance it out.

Am I way off?

you're on target- the big ten won't grab mizzou just to add another team.

but if the expansion rumors hold true about the big east offering some of the big 12 north leftovers and they join in, i don't think ND is going anywhere and neither is the big east for the time being.