Mizz to sec

Nice knowing you Missouri! You started climbing out of Big12 obscurity a few years ago just in time to dive head first into SEC obscurity! Ain't life a b!tch!?!?

i wonder if they'll end up cutting wrestling then. sad day.

welcome back to obscurity Mizzu. you'll be fighting Vandy and Kentucky for the bottom of the league.

I wonder if this impacts Iowa's success at recruiting the St Louis area, which has been good to us lately. I suspect that SEC teams, namely Arkansas/Kentucky/Ole Miss/Miss St and LSU to a lesser degree, will start recruiting north and west into MO a bit more with the travel there now. It opens a group of teams that likely did not recruit that necks of the woods historically.

Thoughts?

I can't get this smile off my face living here in Columbia. Mizzou fans are a bunch of fair weather fans anyhow, and they don't like being called on it. I can't wait to see them jump ship in the next couple years.

Texas is coming to town this weekend and they are still advertising that tickets are available...can you imagine Iowa having tickets still available for "They" Ohio State? Me either

"I suspect that SEC teams, namely Arkansas/Kentucky/Ole Miss/Miss St and LSU to a lesser degree, will start recruiting north and west into MO a bit more with the travel there now."

SEC did it for the market, not the university. The SEC has expanded into Texas and now the Missouri/Kansas City market.

Missouri was a perfect fit the B1G.

The SEC people I know say NC State and VA Tech are next. They don't care about anything but increasing basic extended cable for their network.

Anyone else somewhat disappointed in this news? I always thought if it left the Big12, Mizzou would be a nice fit for the B1G and the conference would be stronger for the addition.

Anyone else somewhat disappointed in this news? I always thought if it left the Big12, Mizzou would be a nice fit for the B1G and the conference would be stronger for the addition.

yes. I was hoping Missouri and Kansas would be 2 of the 4 to get us to 16, along with Notre Dame and ???

Somewhere there's a clown claiming the Big XII just got stronger.
On a positive side note, at least the Big East is looking more stable. Once texa$$ goes indy or heads west, at least ISU will have a nice soft landing spot, as the Big East will take any school with a pulse.

Latest posts