Mitchell

springfieldhawk

He didn't make the trip to Madison. Media says he is injured. Does anyone know anything about this player? This team needs a RB to step up and take some of the load that Canzeri is carrying.

Maybe it is Wadley. He fumbles but so does Canzeri in the fourth. He did again this week.

Daniels looks done. Maybe two weeks he is okay?

From where can iowa draw some assistance at RB?

Left tackle Boone Myers (neck), wide receiver Tevaun Smith (knee) and running back Derrick Mitchell (undisclosed) did not travel because of injuries. Ferentz called Myers “hopefully day-to-day” while it’s likely Smith will miss several games. Ferentz classified Mitchell’s absence as an injury.

Smith, a senior with 17 career starts, recorded his first 100-yard receiving game last week against North Texas and hauled in an 81-yard touchdown strike. As of last week, he ranked third in the Big Ten with 19.6 yards per catch.

“He’s got a knee issue so I doubt he’ll be back before the bye,” Ferentz said. “We’re optimistic he’ll be ready to go when we get back after our bye week.”

Canzeri has been looking strong even after > 20 carries.

I just watched the Hawk replay on BTN and on Daniels few carries he only twice had a reasonable hole and on one of those he needed to make a big cutback and I dont know if he didnt see it or if he cant cut well on that ankle. Daniels does not look the same as the runner who had 54 yards in the first qtr against ISU and 100+ in the first game.

Someone mentioned a tailback named Joly and maybe Parker could take a few carries if DMX and Wadley arent going to tote it.

Canzeri has been looking strong even after > 20 carries.

I just watched the Hawk replay on BTN and on Daniels few carries he only twice had a reasonable hole and on one of those he needed to make a big cutback and I dont know if he didnt see it or if he cant cut well on that ankle. Daniels does not look the same as the runner who had 54 yards in the first qtr against ISU and 100+ in the first game.

Someone mentioned a tailback named Joly and maybe Parker could take a few carries if DMX and Wadley arent going to tote it.

It is tough to think that Joly, Parker and DMX have legitimate chances to be effective, at this point. I've not seen Joly at all, so I really don't know on him. There is "something" going on with DMX, not sure if truly injuries, something else or both. But he isn't "reliable" at this point. I think we need to burn the rs on Graham and get him playing. JC is doing fine, but he's taking a punishment and he, too, is injury prone. If he and LD are both injured, then who? I think you have to put Graham in against Illanoy and just say he's our #3 guy and let the others battle back. LD didn't look fluid enough to me, yesterday, to think he'll get healthy by continuing to play. He needs rest.

This is an all hands on deck season.

It is tough to think that Joly, Parker and DMX have legitimate chances to be effective, at this point. I've not seen Joly at all, so I really don't know on him. There is "something" going on with DMX, not sure if truly injuries, something else or both. But he isn't "reliable" at this point. I think we need to burn the rs on Graham and get him playing. JC is doing fine, but he's taking a punishment and he, too, is injury prone. If he and LD are both injured, then who? I think you have to put Graham in against Illanoy and just say he's our #3 guy and let the others battle back. LD didn't look fluid enough to me, yesterday, to think he'll get healthy by continuing to play. He needs rest.

This is an all hands on deck season.

Derrick Mitchell played, quite a bit in the N Texas game. So, I'd say stop with the
conspiracy stuff. The Coaches were probably NOT wiling to risk Wadley's loose handles in a game like
Wisconsin.

he hurt his shoulder or collarbone against North Texas. You could tell as he left the field. Just replay the recording to his last play.

Some positives regarding injured Hawks.

Sir Ott looks better each week.

L Daniels should be better each week.

Boone M. should be ready this week.

One Smith down for a couple games but young Smith looks ready to contribute.

Sir Duzey is ready to rumble.

Hoping we can handle Illini and use twos a lot.

Hopefully the hawks can jump out early against illinois and mix in some other rbs to get canzeri some air

Latest posts