Missouri State Coach Lusk pays tribute to close friend Street

HawkeyeHypnosis

http://www.news-leader.com/article/...-state-bears-basketball-report?nclick_check=1

It wasnt the main topic of the article but this is what was written:

EMOTIONAL DAY
Lusk wore a pin with the No. 40 on his shirt and a sticker with No. 40 on the lapel of his suit coat. It was in memory of Lusk’s close friend, Chris Street, who died 20 years ago Saturday in a traffic accident. Lusk and Street were teammates for the Iowa Hawkeyes at the time.

Asked about the significance of the day following the game, Lusk fought back tears.

“They’re honoring him (Saturday night) in Iowa City,” Lusk said. “My family is there. I just wanted to pay tribute.”

Lusk was my favorite Iowa player until he left, I don't know why, but I always liked the way he played. I cheered for him in the NCAA tournament he played.

Lusk is a class act and I hope he does well at Missouri State.

Lusk played with the same aggressiveness, mentality & determination as Street. I liked watching that kid play, too. Breaking his leg (I think that is what he had happen) was a big loss for him & to the Hawks.

I've yet to come across a member of that '92-'93 team that isn't a good guy (obviously Lusk wasn't on it, but he's a great guy, too). Met several of the people I talked with for my story last night at a get together at the Marriott following the game, and it was definitely a pleasant experience.

Latest posts