Missouri and Nebraska: A Timing Issue

jameskalina

If Missouri and Nebraska are suppose to give the Big Twelve Conference an "in" or "otherwise" answer within a few days could it be the two schools are working closely with the Big Ten to accept an invitation to join the conference before the deadline? If this is the case Nebraska and Missouri would be assured of remaining in a power conference. That would be the Big Ten.

On the other hand if an invite is not extended by the "in" or "otherwise" deadline that would either require Missouri and Nebraska to commit to the Big Twelve and stay there or take a chance of getting invited to join the Big Ten Conference sometime in the future. I think waiting for a Big Ten invite would be too risky for either school.

Seems that a deal needs to be made between Missouri, Nebraska and the Big Ten within a few days or the Missouri and Nebraska to the Big Ten possibility is off the table.

If Missouri and Nebraska are suppose to give the Big Twelve Conference an "in" or "otherwise" answer within a few days could it be the two schools are working closely with the Big Ten to accept an invitation to join the conference before the deadline? If this is the case Nebraska and Missouri would be assured of remaining in a power conference. That would be the Big Ten.

On the other hand if an invite is not extended by the "in" or "otherwise" deadline that would either require Missouri and Nebraska to commit to the Big Twelve and stay there or take a chance of getting invited to join the Big Ten Conference sometime in the future. I think waiting for a Big Ten invite would be too risky for either school.

Seems that a deal needs to be made between Missouri, Nebraska and the Big Ten within a few days or the Missouri and Nebraska to the Big Ten possibility is off the table.

I agree. However, I don't think the Big 10 will strike a deal this fast.

Latest posts