Minnesota @ Michigan

It took me awhile at the end to realize what they were looking at. I had forgotten about the shot clock.

It took me awhile at the end to realize what they were looking at. I had forgotten about the shot clock.
Dicky P still looked pissed after they explained it to him and he obviously saw the replays. I wonder what he was bitching about.

When they slowed it down you could see the shot clock was still at 1 second after it left his fingertips.

Tell you what, Richie. You give us back the game when you were awarded a jump ball when you're man was standing out of bounds (and the refs were ignoring our time out requests) and you can have this call.

We may see shot clocks counted down in one tenth of a second increments pretty soon.

P.S. Stop allowing your band to reflect light off their drum cymbals and brass instruments and into they eyes of opposing free throw shooters. Roy Marble, for one, told me that was a common practice up there the one time I met him.

Tell you what, Richie. You give us back the game when you were awarded a jump ball when you're man was standing out of bounds (and the refs were ignoring our time out requests) and you can have this call.

We may see shot clocks counted down in one tenth of a second increments pretty soon.

P.S. Stop allowing your band to reflect light off their drum cymbals and brass instruments and into they eyes of opposing free throw shooters. Roy Marble, for one, told me that was a common practice up there the one time I met him.

PPS field a real basketball team and build a new arena to replace that stinky dump.

PPS field a real basketball team and build a new arena to replace that stinky dump.
Every time I see a game there on TV I think of their ugly brawl with Ohio State in 1972 which was partially instigated by future baseball hall of famer Dave Winfield and put two OSU players in intensive care, one for fifteen days. Lifetime basketball junkie Bill Musselman (father of Nevada's Eric) was the coach of that team.

Every time I see a game there on TV I think of their ugly brawl with Ohio State in 1972 which was partially instigated by future baseball hall of famer Dave Winfield and put two OSU players in intensive care, one for fifteen days. Lifetime basketball junkie Bill Musselman (father of Nevada's Eric) was the coach of that team.

One of the all time ugliest fights started by the lowest cheap shot (see video below). Here's a link to an article about it as well.

http://www.startribune.com/hoops-brawl-made-for-one-nasty-night-in-u-s-sports-history/411419775/

Sports Illustrated reported that Winfield “leaped on top of [Ohio State’s Mark] Wagar when he was down and hit him five times with his right fist on the face and head.”

Another writer seated at the stage-like floor, Minneapolis Star columnist Max Nichols, said he was a yard away from Winfield and witnessed him “get in his licks” — slugging an Ohio State player who was on the floor.

The game was promptly called off. Witte was removed on a stretcher, suffering from a concussion and a gashed chin that required stitches at the university hospital. Two of his Buckeyes teammates were also hospitalized.

Nothing good comes from Williams Arena...

:)

b9RNLoO4PYKJSHeU3Z0wZRvsjW9y1cTLTq_spAxKe1k.gif

One of the all time ugliest fights started by the lowest cheap shot (see video below). Here's a link to an article about it as well.

http://www.startribune.com/hoops-brawl-made-for-one-nasty-night-in-u-s-sports-history/411419775/

Sports Illustrated reported that Winfield “leaped on top of [Ohio State’s Mark] Wagar when he was down and hit him five times with his right fist on the face and head.”

Another writer seated at the stage-like floor, Minneapolis Star columnist Max Nichols, said he was a yard away from Winfield and witnessed him “get in his licks” — slugging an Ohio State player who was on the floor.

The game was promptly called off. Witte was removed on a stretcher, suffering from a concussion and a gashed chin that required stitches at the university hospital. Two of his Buckeyes teammates were also hospitalized.

Witte got fouled by Corky Taylor then hit in the chops by Clyde Turner before he even got kneed in the groin. Ron Behagen was then seen stomping on his head and ready to come back for more before they finally got him out of there. Never any respect Winfield once I found out about this incident and I still don't.

I consider it the worst sports brawl of all time. The only reason it didn't get more exposure is because it happened the night before the super bowl.