Miller: Iowa & B1G Bowl Projections for 11/20

There is a very remote outside chance the SEC gets 3 teams into BCS bowls.

BCS handbook says conference only gets three if two non-champs are ranked No. 1 and No. 2 in final BCS standings

This meaning one of LSU, Bama, Ark go to SEC champ game and lose to Georgia leaving the other 2 ranked 1 and 2

Arkansas would have to beat LSU sending Bama to title game. Georgia wins SEC title game leaving Ark and LSU 1 and 2 and Georgia goes to a BCS game also. This would change the Big 10 opponents in the SEC-Big 10 match ups.

I think Nebby gets picked ahead of us regardless. Those Florida bowls like Cap One and Outback have never had access to that Nebraska fan base before. I'm sure they will be clawing and scratching to invite them and the red swarm that follows them.

CHANGE: I had the Ticket City picking ahead of Texas bowl..that was wrong order....so I made that change.

I think Nebby gets picked ahead of us regardless. Those Florida bowls like Cap One and Outback have never had access to that Nebraska fan base before. I'm sure they will be clawing and scratching to invite them and the red swarm that follows them.

Yes, this is a point I have been talking about since the summer of 2010..however, given that Nebraska will have lost two in a row (if Iowa beats them) and Iowa will have won two in a row, and Iowa has been a great bet by the Outback folks and has traveled real well there, I think Iowa gets the nod in this scenario

Nope. But those sources were already booking University hotel rooms in the greater PHX metro two years ago.

Next question?

Yes Jon - here is that question:

If you see a 7-5 Hawkeye team in Meineke the Car Care Texas Bowl...which Big 12 team do you see the hawks getting?

I've never heard of the BCS being able to take 3 teams from the same conference under any scenario, it has been a limit of 2 and 2 only;
they want to change that but as of yet they have not changed the rule,
the rule was made to prevent Conference monopolizing BCS games and making it easier for team not in the BCS conferences get a shot at the Chhampionship game,
the 1st year when BSU or TCU could have been there and lost a game
besides i am curious as to what happens to Houston as the other unbeaten. they are in a better position than BSU or TCU, as in this case there are only 2 unbeaten teams
plus they are in a big TVmarket state as well as the TX legislators have more clout than Idaho,
yes TCU is in TX but was not in this position, and they do have a arguement as being the ONLY other unbeaten

also they will not put Michigan in a BCS bowl ;1st reason as of now they are not in the Top 14, which is a requirement to get invited;
2nd reason they will not get in as at best they will finish 3rd in the conference; the only team i see maybe getting a BCS berth is the Loser of the BTC game

Remember Arkansas hasn't played LSU or Bama yet they could end up with 2 more losses. I doubt a 3rd team from the SEC gets a BCS bid. Georgia will lose in the Championship game anyway making them a 3 loss team.

also they will not put Michigan in a BCS bowl ;1st reason as of now they are not in the Top 14, which is a requirement to get invited;
2nd reason they will not get in as at best they will finish 3rd in the conference; the only team i see maybe getting a BCS berth is the Loser of the BTC game

WRONG! Michigan will probably be around 16 when the BCS standings come out, which means they have to move up just 2 spots in 2 weeks. And the loser of the B1G championship will have no shot at the BCS. First there is a good chance they fall out of the top 14 and even if they don't they will have 3 losses and not be nearly as attractive to bowls as a 10-2 Michigan.

Latest posts