Mike-Krzyzewski-ACC-is-vulnerable-right-now

eyekwah

We may not like him or Duke, but his analysis is respected.

Mike Krzyzewski: “ACC is vulnerable right now”

I can see the Big XII going hard after Florida State and one other team, maybe Louisville or Clemson. They can't afford to wait much longer.

I heard that the addition of ND for olympic sports in the ACC was not unanimously desired and is why Maryland will be able to reduce the exit fee, along with their no vote against th $50M exit fee. Florida State voted no as well on the $50M exit fee.

I like seeing Coach K nervous. Duke is vulnerable, just like Kansas was vulnerable during the last go-round. Remember the Forgotten Four.

The ACC will be fine, if it restructures their revenue sharing.

Big 12 is in an interesting spot. If they stand pat at 10 they risk being poached again by the Pac12 and maybe the SEC or B1G. I would think they would want to move on this now and pull in FSU and others. It is a tricky deal though because you have to pull in players that have the potential to make the league money.

For the Big12 I only see a max of 2 assets (TX & OK) at this time and maybe just one in all actuality (Texas). Oklahoma needs a relationship like Texas because it is in a small market. By itself it does not carry as much except history. In the long run the first 2 adds of TCU and West Virginia kept things afloat but were not winners in terms of what they bring to the table either.

So think of this in terms of heavy hitters in markets and football...
K State, Kansas, ISU, Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU

TCU is in a big market but a market that is already dominated by Texas.

They really need more so they had better act. This is a league still ripe for total collapse otherwise. How long is Texas going to be happy seeing A & M ascend in the national spotlight of the SEC and start to win the recruiting battles in Texas with the offering of SEC football? How long are they and ESPN going to be happy with one football game on the LHN?

Big 12 is in an interesting spot. If they stand pat at 10 they risk being poached again by the Pac12 and maybe the SEC or B1G. I would think they would want to move on this now and pull in FSU and others. It is a tricky deal though because you have to pull in players that have the potential to make the league money.

For the Big12 I only see a max of 2 assets (TX & OK) at this time and maybe just one in all actuality (Texas). Oklahoma needs a relationship like Texas because it is in a small market. By itself it does not carry as much except history. In the long run the first 2 adds of TCU and West Virginia kept things afloat but were not winners in terms of what they bring to the table either.

So think of this in terms of heavy hitters in markets and football...
K State, Kansas, ISU, Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU

TCU is in a big market but a market that is already dominated by Texas.

They really need more so they had better act. This is a league still ripe for total collapse otherwise. How long is Texas going to be happy seeing A & M ascend in the national spotlight of the SEC and start to win the recruiting battles in Texas with the offering of SEC football? How long are they and ESPN going to be happy with one football game on the LHN?

See summer of 2010.

The ACC will survive, it might lose its status as a BCS conference in football. The worst case scenario is they merge with the Big East and become an elite basketball conference and football becomes a mid major.

Duke will end up paying for not putting any emphasis on football.

Latest posts