Might as well start the Discussion now

Not that many of us Iowa fans care that much, but with all the Tim Tebow crap about how the University of Florida failed him in not helping him fix his throwing mechanics, is Pryor Next? At 6-6 235 this guy to me could be one Hell of a WR or even a TE in the NFL.. Personally I don't think hes even close to good enough to play NFL QB.

This is why I love the IOWA COACHING STAFF. Just because a kid is a stand out RB or QB in high school means nothing.. we transform them into NFL caliber players at other positions..

ps. someone draft Tebow already I'm sick of hearing about him

I'll say that if Tim Tebow can change the way he throws and ends up being a really good NFL QB then he iss the man and deserves all the talk he gets... As for Meyer I guess he only job is to get W's for florida and he does do that, i'm just glad we have the coaches we do because they seem to care more about the kids then some other coaches..

Iowa has a great coaching staff....but so do OSU and Florida. They win championships. Hard to say that Florida messed up by winning 2 titles with Tebow. And hard to rip Pryor to much (although I agree he isn't that great of a QB) when he just won the Big 10 and a Rose Bowl

Urban Meyer's job isn't to prepare guys for the NFL. It's win SEC and NCAA championships and he's doing a pretty good job of that. He didn't "fail" Tebow, if Tebow wanted to be a dropback NFL style passer he should have went to USC or Notre Dame.

I just want to say that I think Tim Tebow is awesome. For Iowa fans to rip on Tim Tebow is pretty hypocritical...not that it happens a lot but it does happen.

Tim is the prototypical player that we love at Iowa...he is humble...tough as nails...smart...well behaved and a flat out winner. You can take just about any positive characteristic that we hold in high regard and he exemplifies it.

If he were at Iowa I have a feeling he would have been playing quarterback...he's just too talented. Much in the same respect that Pryor is playing QB at tOSU...by no means is he the prototypical tOSU QB...but he's so good that you have to get the ball in his hands as much as you can.

I think this year is the year that we see why there was so much hype about Pryor. I may be wrong because I sat there during the second half of the game against tOSU begging for them to put the ball in his hands and make him throw it...but when I watched his performance against Oregon in the Rose Bowl...I really did see flashes of Vince Young - a QB with a pretty good W/L record in the NFL.

Now I would consider it blasphemy to compare Iowa's defense to Oregon's...but this season may very well come down to our defense's ability to hold Pryor in check in Kinnick Stadium.

I just want to say that I think Tim Tebow is awesome. For Iowa fans to rip on Tim Tebow is pretty hypocritical...not that it happens a lot but it does happen.

Tim is the prototypical player that we love at Iowa...he is humble...tough as nails...smart...well behaved and a flat out winner. You can take just about any positive characteristic that we hold in high regard and he exemplifies it.

If he were at Iowa I have a feeling he would have been playing quarterback...he's just too talented. Much in the same respect that Pryor is playing QB at tOSU...by no means is he the prototypical tOSU QB...but he's so good that you have to get the ball in his hands as much as you can.

I think this year is the year that we see why there was so much hype about Pryor. I may be wrong because I sat there during the second half of the game against tOSU begging for them to put the ball in his hands and make him throw it...but when I watched his performance against Oregon in the Rose Bowl...I really did see flashes of Vince Young - a QB with a pretty good W/L record in the NFL.

Now I would consider it blasphemy to compare Iowa's defense to Oregon's...but this season may very well come down to our defense's ability to hold Pryor in check in Kinnick Stadium.

I can agree with all of that. Honestly, I used to like Tebow, up until he won the Heisman. After that, ESPN was Timmy Time ALL The Time. The media really ruined him, IMO.

And yes, Pryor looked an awful lot like VY in Pasadena. That's a scary thought, but I think we can hold him down next year.

Latest posts