Michigan St vs Iowa 2007

Camhawk

BTN is airing Michigan St vs Iowa 2007 at noon CDT today. A little something to brighten your spirits and get you pumped for the upcoming season!!

I've seen it a few times. Albert Young is amazing during that game. Dan Doering makes some nice blocks for him too. Beating m$u is so fun, I really hate those thugs.

Is that the game where JC had like one completion in the first half? Man that game was UGLY. Can't believe BTN keeps replaying that game. Classic gross football.

That said I've watched it easily five times because Hawks.

We've certainly gotten a glimpse or two of that game this summer. Not sure why, either.

It's one thing if a team hasn't had any/many bright spots since the inception of BTN, but that wasn't exactly a stellar season for the Hawks. And the two Hawk games featured this summer as "Iowa Football Classic" games were both originally aired on ESPN.

SOMEone at BTN Programming had to have helped Barta with The Survey. Just sayin'.

Just go on Youtube and watch some higher quality Hawkeye teams and wins. This was a boring game in which JC set quarterbacking back 25 years.

Is this the game where a bunch of our cornerbacks get injured and a no-name transfer from Wagner State makes the final tackle?

I was at that game sitting in the MSU section near the southeast portion of the stadium (13th row?). My wife and in-laws all drove up for a weekend in Iowa City. At half time, the Hawks were struggling and I went out to have a smoke with my father in law and I remember telling him that I wished the game was better than it was. Then the second half happened. Kirk Ferentz got ****** at the refs and it really got the crowd and the team back into the game. Then, Albert Young went all beast-mode. Christensen didn't look good at all, except for the lone touchdown pass in overtime. That was a fun game to attend.

I'd prefer they show the 2009 or 2010 MSU games, or go back to 2002. The Hawks won in 2007, but it was definitely a "winning ugly" type game. Maybe the BTN is anticipatorily setting the bar low for us Hawkeye fans. Too low in my judgment. If the OL can pull it together and they can find another WR who can get open (and catch the damn ball), I think this team will surprise us. In my defense, my fandom is re-calibrating my perspective, as it always does this time of year.

BTN freaking sucks...period. They have showed this game so many times...I'm convinced it's just to **** the Iowa fans off. It's an awful game...JC is 1 for 12 at one point and it's boring...especially the first half.

There are so many games to show and they keep showing this game. I'd like to slobberknock that program director. I'd call them ignorant, but that would be a disservice to ignorant people.

I can't understand why everyone isn't pumped that one of the, no, the best cable station around is showing such an underrated game where both teams are so sharp that it is understandable if you mistake them for the Eagles and the Steelers. Best of all almost no one has seen it before!

Shows what BTN thinks is a classic game for Iowa (beating MSU) rather than a classic game played. Or rather that BTN thinks Iowa plays in so few classic games?

Latest posts