Michigan loses 'Pee Wee Optimus Prime' to neck injury - espn

HawkeyeHypnosis

NCAAF Michigan's Pipkins suffers neck injury - ESPN

Here's the article:

There was a scary scene at Michigan practice this morning, as true freshman defensive tackle Ondre Pipkins suffered a neck injury and was taken to the hospital.

Head coach Brady Hoke said in a statement that Pipkins had movement in all of his extremities and that he was taken to the hospital for precautionary reasons. No further information about the injury is available at this time.

Pipkins is a 340-pounder who had impressed teammates and coaches with his athleticism and nimbleness for his size so far this training camp. He has given himself the nickname "Pee Wee Optimus Prime."

He has been expected to be a major contributor early for a defensive line that lacks depth behind the starters. It wouldn't be a big surprise to see Pipkins play a lot against Alabama in the opener if he's healthy.

Pipkins is a 340-pounder who had impressed teammates and coaches with his athleticism and nimbleness for his size so far this training camp.

I'm impressed by the athleticism and nimbleness of any 340 lber. who can get out of a chair on their own or tie they own shoes.

when will people get this through their heads - you can't give yourself a nickname. especially a stupid one like that which is super long and super dumb.

God I hate it when kids get hurt. Even though my two son's only played in hs, and now my grandson is an offensive lineman in Prairie du Chien, I hate even thinking about injuries. I have played, hs and college (small time) and never had a serious injury other than one concussion in hs. I have also coached in some big time hs programs and injuries were my greatest fear. But, I love the game and recognize that a car accident for a 16-25 year old is much more dangerous than football.

I agree with this.

Sincerely,

HawkeyeShane

aka

IronManButCannotFlyandNotNearlyasAwesome

i've only had two nicknames in my life that stuck, and both were given to me. one syllable is the key shane. sorry to tell you that you suck at this too.

Latest posts