Mich St showed us-

ArizonaHawkeye88

Today Mich. St. showed us how we can win next week. MSU defense held Denard Robinson to 84 yds on 21 carries. This forced them to pass. Denard is not a good passer. He was 17/29 for 217 yds. 1 TD and 3 INT. Our Dline and Linebackers need to stay on their feet and play their positions. This should contain DR and force him to throw and he will start making mental mistakes. Our offense should have no problem moving the ball on their poor defense.
38 to 13. a garbage TD in the 4th

Our offense isn't as balanced as MSU's. I'm sorry but their running game is way beyond ours. This is where Jewel Hampton is going to be sincerely missed. MSU was able to run all over Michigan. We don't have the luxury with only 1 experienced 200lb RB. They have 3 experienced RBs at 230lbs.

These are two of the best posts I've ever read, starting a new thread (didn't mean to rhyme.)
I agree with both of you, strange as that seems.
But if someone put a gun to my head, I'd lean toward siding with the OP, meaning I think our O will be prolific enough, and our D will be dominant enough, to come out of the Pbig House with a relatively pain-free W.

We will see ball control offense - no shock there - but we will also see several huge passing plays going all the way to the (big) house.

Our offense isn't as balanced as MSU's. I'm sorry but their running game is way beyond ours. This is where Jewel Hampton is going to be sincerely missed. MSU was able to run all over Michigan. We don't have the luxury with only 1 experienced 200lb RB. They have 3 experienced RBs at 230lbs.
You are insane. I have total respect for Sparty, but their running game is not head and shoulders above ours. Our offense has more weapons by far. So your saying we need RB over 230? What the heck does that mean? Sparty will be a great opponent, but they are not better than the Hawks.

I totally agree with you. That power running game paid off in the 2nd half. Denard Robinson missed a lot of opportunities in this game, which also concerns me for next week.

Dont forget Michigan has the worst pass defense in the nation, and Ricky Stanzi has done a pretty nice job spreading the ball around to his receivers so far this season.

Michigan St's offense is tailor made for our defense. The only thing that really worries me is defense in the secondary. I just can't see them chewing up our d-line.

Dont forget Michigan has the worst pass defense in the nation, and Ricky Stanzi has done a pretty nice job spreading the ball around to his receivers so far this season.

I think Ricky lights them up early, ball control late. I believe Ricky's in the top 10 QB passer rating in the nation. The Hawks will be fine, and will do enough on the ground.

All Michigan State showed us is that if we had LBs like they do ... we'd be able to swarm the ball like that.

The fact of the matter is that Iowa is built differently.

I mostly agree. First off, Baker is NOT a 230lb RB. Baker and Bell are their "current" 2-headed monster ... and Caper is a pretty darn good talent too.

The big problem that Iowa has is that we currently seem to lack an explosive runner like Baker. Our closest approximation to Baker was Hampton ... however, obviously he's out.

The flip side of the equation is that while Iowa's O isn't nearly as balanced as MSU's O ... Iowa's D is better than MSU's D ... that is, at least when our LBs are healthy. While I love Morris's upside ... I'll be holding a candle-light vigil for Tarp and Johnson every night for the next 6 nights.

MSU's running game is better than Iowa's. Without a doubt.

that being said, I think Iowa will have enough success on offense, and the Iowa defense is much better than the MSU defense. However, Michigan left some big plays and points on the field due to their mistakes...you hope they are mistake prone this week too

I mostly agree. First off, Baker is NOT a 230lb RB. Baker and Bell are their "current" 2-headed monster ... and Caper is a pretty darn good talent too.

The big problem that Iowa has is that we currently seem to lack an explosive runner like Baker. Our closest approximation to Baker was Hampton ... however, obviously he's out.

The flip side of the equation is that while Iowa's O isn't nearly as balanced as MSU's O ... Iowa's D is better than MSU's D ... that is, at least when our LBs are healthy. While I love Morris's upside ... I'll be holding a candle-light vigil for Tarp and Johnson every night for the next 6 nights.

Our dline is better than MSU's dline. Their linebackers are better and they have the best linebacker in the Big 10 if not the nation.. Our secondary in run support is probably a little better.

Our secondary in pass coverage vs theirs in pass coverage is probably a push.

They have more explosive playmakers on offense in my opinion and a more dynamanic offensive scheme in my opinion.

Very, very evenly matched teams. Our past games vs Michigan State during the Dantonio ara have all come down to the final seconds or overtime.

I think Iowa will be able to stop Michigan and score enough points to win, but what worries me is the emotion factor. Michigan will have something to prove, and with the week off Iowa might come out a little rusty. Hopefully all that will shake out in the first half and Iowa will dominate the 2nd half for the win.

MSU's running game is better than Iowa's. Without a doubt.

that being said, I think Iowa will have enough success on offense, and the Iowa defense is much better than the MSU defense. However, Michigan left some big plays and points on the field due to their mistakes...you hope they are mistake prone this week too

If our D can make Denard Robinson one dimensonal and take away the run, he will make mistakes. I think we can win by double digits.

I have no idea what will happen next week. I don't know if today was the exception or the rule. We will find out a lot about DRob next week. I thought he only made one mental mistake and that was the first pick. The first one was a poor throw and the last one was a poor throw. If he throws that where he should, it is probably a catch.

Their defense is terrible. They can't win without scoring at least 30.

MSU passing game isn't as good as Iowa's Besides, why would Iowa try to win this game with a shootout. We all know what Iowa is going to do, and that's play field position and ball control.

If the MSU defense can hold Michigan to 17 points and pick off DROB16OMG three times, I'm pretty sure Iowa can do the same.

how wrong we can be with pre-game assessments.

[video=youtube;tedG4dzfWHk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tedG4dzfWHk[/video]

how wrong we can be with pre-game assessments.

[video=youtube;tedG4dzfWHk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tedG4dzfWHk[/video]

Dude. This was a prediction thread for a Michigan game. I'll gladly watch that badass Sash to Hyde lateral play again, though.

Latest posts