Meyer going after Sabin

austinhawk

Is the only reason Meyer is coming out of retirement after one year because of the fact he is jealous of Sabin being the only coach to win NC at two different schools? Did he feel the need to not be considered truly less than Sabin, or did he do it because he misses football? The odds are stacked against him ever winning a NC at OSU.

Nick Saban won 2 within the same conference and division. Say what you want about him, the guy is a top notch college football coach.

they are just football coaches, our societies values are all backwards, i dont care about either of them

Is the only reason Meyer is coming out of retirement after one year because of the fact he is jealous of Sabin being the only coach to win NC at two different schools? Did he feel the need to not be considered truly less than Sabin, or did he do it because he misses football? The odds are stacked against him ever winning a NC at OSU.

I disagree with that last line. Meyer will have Ohio State as a consistent contender, and not just to GET to the NCG. He'll win. It's true that we can't touch Ohio State anyway, but Meyer is going to make them even better.

Rome was just shredding Urban today because he stated the reason he left coaching was that he didn't really like what was going on in college football today(scandals, etc.). Rome pointed out that he had 30 arrests in 6 years and that he was signing on to a program riddled in scandal. Pretty funny stuff. Urban Meyer is one arrogant sob indeed.

Rome was just shredding Urban today because he stated the reason he left coaching was that he didn't really like what was going on in college football today(scandals, etc.). Rome pointed out that he had 30 arrests in 6 years and that he was signing on to a program riddled in scandal. Pretty funny stuff. Urban Meyer is one arrogant sob indeed.

Hes definitely a hypocrite as well. That's why its going to be that much more annoying when OSU dominates the Big Ten year after year

Why do you feel they are stacked against him? He is going to pull in all the kids that they want from the state of Ohio, they actually will be able to recruit pretty much wherever they want. He is a good recruiter, and good coach. They will win.

Meyer has a nice overall record but Saban has the talent to roll(tide) for the next couple years. I don't see this as a competition at all, hell Saban bout gave Meyer his first heart attack.

*I should hate Saban, but I'm also a Bama fan so it's not fair that I call Meyer a baby that quits when the end is near, a crier and a punk that wins at all costs (check out his arrest record at UF... some of those things were serious crimes that he allowed the player to return)

Meyer has a nice overall record but Saban has the talent to roll(tide) for the next couple years. I don't see this as a competition at all, hell Saban bout gave Meyer his first heart attack.

*I should hate Saban, but I'm also a Bama fan so it's not fair that I call Meyer a baby that quits when the end is near, a crier and a punk that wins at all costs (check out his arrest record at UF... some of those things were serious crimes that he allowed the player to return)

Sure, the SEC will maintain its stranglehold on the crystal ball for the next season or two, while Meyer gets things set up just the way he wants them in Columbus. But after that, the SEC/Big Ten debate will start getting quite a bit more heated.

A lot of people are looking at this from a negative point of view. It would be nice to have a B1G really put an @$$ whooping on those SEC thugs. I'll be curious as to how ESPN will react when OSU wins the National Championship in two-three years.

People may not realize this, but it could but the B1G in the spotlight and take some away from the SEC. Which means more national attention and better recruits looking towards the conference, which may or may not help Iowa.

If that is true Saban should come to Iowa and win a NC here to make it 3 schools... and to do it in the B1G against Meyers O$U would even pad his place in history more. Saban to Iowa!!

both arrogant, neither are worthy of the social standing they have
Although arrogant, both are extremely good at what they do.

As far as their social standing, its crazy fans that spend way too much time worrying and pining over their team (like fans on message boards) that allow them to be placed in that social standing.

Latest posts