Message Board Guy

cibula11

I sat next to a guy that booed as Iowa took a knee to end the first half. The first thing I thought of was "I wonder what this guy's user name is on HN" Many of the posters on here tonight must be related to this moron.

Best decade in iowa football and we're complaining. Sometimes you can't do anything right.

Number of Rose Bowl appearances during that alleged "best decade"? Record versus NU? Record versus OSU? Record versus ISU?

I didn't know we had stooped as a program to what Iowa St. fans have done for decades.....base an entire season a one or two games.

Everytime I see a guy in Hawkeye gear i wonder if he is message board guy. I am averaging about a post a day.....so technically I'm message board guy. Does the decade start with '00 or '01?

Everytime I see a guy in Hawkeye gear i wonder if he is message board guy. I am averaging about a post a day.....so technically I'm message board guy. Does the decade start with '00 or '01?

00'

And to be fair you can throw out the first 2-3 years. Start in '01 if you wish. Some in this forum think the decade started this year.

00'

And to be fair you can throw out the first 2-3 years. Start in '01 if you wish. Some in this forum think the decade started this year.

I don't think it's that. I think it's because everyone from Iowa fans to "experts" on every college football show had high expectations for Iowa and I think Iowa deserved those expectations. Also after losing 4 games by a TD or less makes it all worse to accept. It's obvious Iowa is a good team it's also obvious Iowa is not a great team. Why it's not a great team is very debatable and not gonna go into what I think on this post lol...

I don't think it's that. I think it's because everyone from Iowa fans to "experts" on every college football show had high expectations for Iowa and I think Iowa deserved those expectations. Also after losing 4 games by a TD or less makes it all worse to accept. It's obvious Iowa is a good team it's also obvious Iowa is not a great team. Why it's not a great team is very debatable and not gonna go into what I think on this post lol...

Keep in mind that last year was the exact reverse of this year.....a few plays away from being 7-5. Not much has changed.....just the perceptions and perspectives of fans.

I sat next to a guy that booed as Iowa took a knee to end the first half. The first thing I thought of was "I wonder what this guy's user name is on HN" Many of the posters on here tonight must be related to this moron.

Best decade in iowa football and we're complaining. Sometimes you can't do anything right.

Aren't you kind of being "message board guy" for calling out everyone on the message board?

Based on that criteria, was Iowa a great team last year? Iowa won several games last year in the same fashion they've lost them this year.

It's a fine line.

yeah, message board guy('s) suck. i am so proud to be a hawkeye. we fought hard today. in kirk we trust, till the day i die. patience is a virtue, and i hope we as fans of iowa will not be so quick to forget. there is a reason that kirk has won Big10 coach of the year, and national coach of the year, as well as name circulated amongst the most elite of the NFL. please please please, iowa fan keep your chin up and put your butts in jacksonville seats, otherwise when we do get a chance to go somewhere better, then we WILL go if we do not taint our image.

Keep in mind that last year was the exact reverse of this year.....a few plays away from being 7-5. Not much has changed.....just the perceptions and perspectives of fans.

Well yeah that... AND the horrid execution and clock management at the end of games. The fact that we could move the ball and WIN games in the 4th quarter the last few years. This year we BLOW leads in the 4th quarter, look winded and beaten and show no fight at the end of the game.

That's my problem with this year... not the record as much as that. It's the WAY we are losing.

Latest posts