Mel Kiper

Shaw2122

Lists Riley Reiff as another possible #1 pick besides Andrew Luck. He's getting a lot of hype and love from Mel. Says he has the best tape of any other tackle thus far.

Lists Riley Reiff as another possible #1 pick besides Andrew Luck. He's getting a lot of hype and love from Mel. Says he has the best tape of any other tackle thus far.

You've got to be kidding.. #1 overall pick? I will say no way..

Russ Lande has Reiff as the #1 OT, and CBSSports has Reiff as the 6th overall pick. Enjoy him the rest of the year, fellas. He gone after that.

I don't get it. I mean I know he's definitely got the potential, but it doesn't feel like we've really seen him reach it yet. He reminds me more of Bulaga in that sense. He just doesn't seem to have played like a possible #1 overall pick. Gallery dominated, and made you think that. But we haven't seen that with Reiff just yet.

I don't get it. I mean I know he's definitely got the potential, but it doesn't feel like we've really seen him reach it yet. He reminds me more of Bulaga in that sense. He just doesn't seem to have played like a possible #1 overall pick. Gallery dominated, and made you think that. But we haven't seen that with Reiff just yet.

yeah, I think he is playing the way Bulaga played his last year which was not all that impressive, but Bulaga ended up getting a 1st round draft pick, youngest starter ever in a SB and a ring. Maybe there is something we are missing.

yeah, I think he is playing the way Bulaga played his last year which was not all that impressive, but Bulaga ended up getting a 1st round draft pick, youngest starter ever in a SB and a ring. Maybe there is something we are missing.

True, but Bulaga wasn't getting #1 hype, either. When you hear that, you expect something along the lines of Orlando Pace. We definitely haven't seen that. And Bulaga also moved to guard.

True, but Bulaga wasn't getting #1 hype, either. When you hear that, you expect something along the lines of Orlando Pace. We definitely haven't seen that. And Bulaga also moved to guard.

He moved to LG briefly but started at RT for GB. Basically took over for Mark Tauscher after he got hurt 1/4 of the way into last season as has held that spot ever since. Although he may be out for a few weeks with a knee injury.

Riley had his worst game of the year vs ULM. If he plays like that in the Big Ten,he will drop off of Mel's board. We saw today how MSU shredded OSU's o-line..that Gholston is a beast and so is Worthy. Riley seems like he knows he has a long way to go on techinique and might just stay to max out his talent tutoring under the master. ...or not. Honestly,I do not think he will go higher than Bulaga,who was a natural brawler.

He needs to stay and polish his skills next year :)

I get your view as a fan, but this kid will have a chance to earn millions now and the chance of injury is too great. He's leaving barring injury this year to NFL. This is why we are in the running on great OL recruits. I think its a great thing.

I don't get people saying he isnt having that good of year. I have barely heard his name called and for a LT that's a great season.

He has been outstanding in the run game and is a better overall athlete than either Bulaga or Gallery. He will be a LT from day one and is such a good run blocker that he will be compared to Joe Thomas and Jake Long.

He's played very well all year. The ULM plays that were in question as him getting beat, one was absolutely questionable as to whether it was the guard's responsibility.

This guys is a first rounder this year and he doesn't stick around and I don't blame him. It would be great, but in football, it's just not a chance you should take. Clayborn should have left.

I get your view as a fan, but this kid will have a chance to earn millions now and the chance of injury is too great. He's leaving barring injury this year to NFL. This is why we are in the running on great OL recruits. I think its a great thing.
yea I know, wishful thinking

Latest posts