Megan Gustafson on ESPN tonight, Friday

Zstatman

Megan Gustafson has officially made the opening roster of the Phoenix Mercury. She only signed a training camp contract going into the season but has made the roster.

The first regular season game is being broadcast live on ESPN tonight, Friday, with tipoff at 10 PM CT, too bad for those that don't stay up late like me. The game is celebrating the rreturn to the WNBA of Brittany Griner.

This seems like the most secure roster spot Megan has had in her 4 years in the WNBA. If memory serves she was waived in training camp last year by Dallas then picked up by the Mercury right before the season started as insurance for BG not being released from prison in Russia, which turned out to the case.

Now she is securely BG's back up as she is the only other center on the roster.

Megan Gustafson has officially made the opening roster of the Phoenix Mercury. She only signed a training camp contract going into the season but has made the roster.

The first regular season game is being broadcast live on ESPN tonight, Friday, with tipoff at 10 PM CT, too bad for those that don't stay up late like me. The game is celebrating the rreturn to the WNBA of Brittany Griner.

This seems like the most secure roster spot Megan has had in her 4 years in the WNBA. If memory serves she was waived in training camp last year by Dallas then picked up by the Mercury right before the season started as insurance for BG not being released from prison in Russia, which turned out to the case.

Now she is securely BG's back up as she is the only other center on the roster.

And she is hurt for the game. :(

FwcxWuaaUAA70My

The Mercury got thumped and Mega did not play.

We'll see how the season unfolds.

New Suns/Mercury owner, Mat Ishbia, played under Tom Izzo at Michigan St. We'll see if he brings a B1G influence to his new teams.

It's been a couple years since I've watched the WNBA, until last night. I was shocked at how much faster the play is than even a couple years ago. Both those teams really pushed the pace and got the ball up and down the court. Seems like a lot more emphasis on speed than I remember.

Latest posts