Megan Gustafson Big 10 9th consecutive player of the week!

In the B1G over the 4 games she's 37-38 from the free throw line. Congrats Megan! You work very hard each and every game and you most definitely deserve it. Congrats to the rest of the Hawks for helping her get all this recognition! Go Hawks and beat purdue Saturday afternoon!

What is remarkable is that at the start of games Megan is double and triple teamed. She is pushed, banged and fouled in a variety of ways. By the end of the game she has worn down the other teams players. They are in foul trouble, tired, and Megan takes over for a streak of buckets and extends an Iowa lead or breaks open a close game. She outlasts her opponents and carries Iowa to victory. Not to say she doesn't get great help from her team mates, but they know she'll deliver for them. She is relentless. Congratulations on another award.

What is remarkable is that at the start of games Megan is double and triple teamed. She is pushed, banged and fouled in a variety of ways. By the end of the game she has worn down the other teams players. They are in foul trouble, tired, and Megan takes over for a streak of buckets and extends an Iowa lead or breaks open a close game. She outlasts her opponents and carries Iowa to victory. Not to say she doesn't get great help from her team mates, but they know she'll deliver for them. She is relentless. Congratulations on another award.

She is the type of dominant player you must have in women's college basketball if you want to make a deep run in the tournament.

You absolutely nailed it Hagarwood! If you could see what her arms look like after the game you'd wonder why the refs allow her to be beat to a pulp every game. These aren't just ticky tacky fouls either. Megan gets pummeled each and every game! After being double and tripled teamed I've only seen her once lose her composer and retaliate. I know I wouldn't last 1 game before I hit em back! Lol

Latest posts