Media???

But, but, but, it's rivalry week! We gotta crush these good for nothing. . . Sorry, just can't work up the hatred that the B1G is telling me I have to have for this game.

Can't speak for the media but I'm guessing there just isn't a whole lot of "newsflash" appeal to see who the shiniest turd in the B1G is going to be.

Iowa is bowl eligible, with nothing to play for except finding out if they stop at Dallas or continue on to Houston -- best case for a 6-6 team that, fortunately, has a loyal, very forgiving fanbase that needs nothing more than t-shirt weather as a reason to invade your city and drink it dry. Purdue will become bowl eligible with the win, but, outside of West Lafeyette, no one cares (or barely realizes) how long it's been since Purdue last went to a bowl. Not to mention, any bowl it earns will be in a city that barely cracks 50 degrees as a daytime high and, if it exists next year, will probably have a different sponsor / name.

Yeah, if I'm media -- assuming you mean Iowa media, since that's the only media with any remote reason to cover this game -- I'm more excited to cover Iowa v Creighton on Sunday.

Latest posts