Media predictions

NCHawker

Nobody thinks the Hawks score more than 3 TDs.

Predictions: Iowa @ Nebraska, 2013
Click here to sort
Iowa victoryAndrew Logue, Des Moines Register
Iowa 27, Nebraska 20Berry Tramel, The Oklahoman
Nebraska 24, Iowa 20CollegeFootballNews.com
Nebraska by 4The Picker, Tulsa World
Nebraska 24, Iowa 21Tom Shatel, Omaha World-Herald
Iowa 27, Nebraska 24Marc Morehouse, Cedar Rapids Gazette
Iowa 24, Nebraska 20Stewart Mandel, SI.com
Nebraska 27, Iowa 21Lyn Scarbrough, Lindy's Sports
Nebraska 24, Iowa 17Anthony Gimino, Lindy's Sports
Nebraska 27, Iowa 21Braden Gall, Athlon Sports
Nebraska 27, Iowa 20Mitch Light, Athlon Sports
Nebraska 27, Iowa 24Steven Lassan, Athlon Sports
Iowa 21, Nebraska 14David Fox, Athlon Sports
Nebraska 24, Iowa 21Tom Dienhart, BTN.com
Nebraska 23, Iowa 21Brent Yarina, BTN.com
Nebraska 27, Iowa 17Sean Merriman, BTN.com
Nebraska 24, Iowa 21Stephen Bardo, BTN.com
Nebraska 27, Iowa 24The Sports Network
Nebraska 19, Iowa 16Adam Rittenberg, ESPN.com
Nebraska 21, Iowa 17Brian Bennett, ESPN.com

Read more at Predictions, Nebraska-Iowa football, 2013 -- HuskerMaxâ„¢

There is no body of evidence to suggest the Hawks are capable of scoring more than 21 against a quality opponent.

Do tell... where do you see us getting 31 in Memorial Stadium? We've only broken 30 twice all year...against WMU and Purdue

The Huskers are a turnover factory...and they are also a bit fragile on both sides of the line of scrimmage. I think they are just a little bit better than Michigan.

There is no body of evidence to suggest the Hawks are capable of scoring more than 21 against a quality opponent.

You are correct. Thank god we don't play one this week. Nebby's defense is a mess and they don't like playing too much against physical teams. If we don't turn the ball over and can get some points early with a few sustained drives, the game will set up pretty well for us. Quite simply, we just can't turn the ball over and win this game.

That would apply to Iowa as well, yes?

No in my opinion. I think Iowa is noticeably better than Michigan. They shot themselves in the foot for a half and still won the game and nearly tripled up Michigan in yardage. Michigan gained 45 yards in the second half of that contest.

No in my opinion. I think Iowa is noticeably better than Michigan. They shot themselves in the foot for a half and still won the game and nearly tripled up Michigan in yardage. Michigan gained 45 yards in the second half of that contest.

Iowa was the better team and it wasn't even close. Most of the time the worse team will need a turnover or 2 to overcome the fact that they aren't as good. Michigan got that, and still couldn't win.

This. If you just look at the score, one might believe it was close. I was at the game, and Iowa dominated the entire game start to finish. Iowa kept Michigan in the game with turnovers. That game was truly Iowa beating themselves.

This. If you just look at the score, one might believe it was close. I was at the game, and Iowa dominated the entire game start to finish. Iowa kept Michigan in the game with turnovers. That game was truly Iowa beating themselves.

Nearly 3 to 1 yardage advantage for Iowa.

I'll go 24-13 Iowa.

Nobody thinks the Hawks score more than 3 TDs.

Predictions: Iowa @ Nebraska, 2013
Click here to sort
Iowa victoryAndrew Logue, Des Moines Register
Iowa 27, Nebraska 20Berry Tramel, The Oklahoman
Nebraska 24, Iowa 20CollegeFootballNews.com
Nebraska by 4The Picker, Tulsa World
Nebraska 24, Iowa 21Tom Shatel, Omaha World-Herald
Iowa 27, Nebraska 24Marc Morehouse, Cedar Rapids Gazette
Iowa 24, Nebraska 20Stewart Mandel, SI.com
Nebraska 27, Iowa 21Lyn Scarbrough, Lindy's Sports
Nebraska 24, Iowa 17Anthony Gimino, Lindy's Sports
Nebraska 27, Iowa 21Braden Gall, Athlon Sports
Nebraska 27, Iowa 20Mitch Light, Athlon Sports
Nebraska 27, Iowa 24Steven Lassan, Athlon Sports
Iowa 21, Nebraska 14David Fox, Athlon Sports
Nebraska 24, Iowa 21Tom Dienhart, BTN.com
Nebraska 23, Iowa 21Brent Yarina, BTN.com
Nebraska 27, Iowa 17Sean Merriman, BTN.com
Nebraska 24, Iowa 21Stephen Bardo, BTN.com
Nebraska 27, Iowa 24The Sports Network
Nebraska 19, Iowa 16Adam Rittenberg, ESPN.com
Nebraska 21, Iowa 17Brian Bennett, ESPN.com

Read more at Predictions, Nebraska-Iowa football, 2013 -- HuskerMaxâ„¢

Isn't Stephen Bardo a basketball color analyst? A Illini alum at that, why in the **** is his prediction in there?

Interesting. The media goes 3:1 for a Husker victory. None of the B!G and ESPN cited went w/ Iowa.

A quick look at the numbers shows Nebraska 23, Iowa 21 in average.

The plus Iowa crowd show Iowa in the win column 24-19 and the plus Nebraska people are going with a 24-20 Husker victory.

I'm going w/ a Hawkeye win today and the 24-19 average score got my head coming up w/ scenarios to fit it...

It's 21-17 Hawkeyes late in the 4th quarter. The Huskers pin the Hawks on their own goal line after a booming punt and the O can't get anything going. With the LOS on the 3, punting from their own endzone is making KF nervous. The D has been pretty solid so KF has the Hawks take a safety. It's now 21-19 Hawks. The kick off finds the Huskers on their 35, with just under 3 minutes to play. They fumble on their first play and the Hawks recover on the 31. Three plays later the hawks find themselves on the Nebraska 22 and Meyer kicks a field goal with 1:16 on the clock. The Huskers manage to get one first down after the kick off but run out of time outs. K3 spikes the ball on a third down to stop the clock w/ 7 seconds remaining. They line up in a spread, w/ thoughts of the NW game, only to suffer a sack as time expires.

Latest posts