McCaffrey Tournament record

longtimer

Someone posted that ESPN reported of all major coaches that have participated in 5 or more NCAAs McCaffrey has the worst record Seems possible

Someone posted that ESPN reported of all major coaches that have participated in 5 or more NCAAs McCaffrey has the worst record Seems possible
Was this overall record or just at Iowa?

The team looked and acted and played tight Thursday. I think Fran's personality has done that to some of his teams before but I didnt think that would happen this year.

But Perkins, PMac, JoeT, Sandfort, and both Murrays are still young and it was their first real tourney action as the main players so maybe that happened.

I don't have a problem with this one. Hawks this year actually looked the part of a decent team. Losses happen. Weren't going deep anyway due to lack of strength/size in the back court and under the basket.

Last edited:
Fair or not, it's an albatross that's going to wrap itself around this teams neck a little tighter every year until they do something about it.

Whether it's the Brooklyn Dodgers trying to beat the Yankees or Dale Earnhardt trying to win the Daytona 500 or Phil Mickelson trying to get his first major the monkey on the back is real.

They seemed set up well to make a deep run this year. Once again, not to be

Reactions: trj
I'm a little surprised because we have won the first game most years. But I guess most teams that make it at least 5 times probably made at least one decent run.

Fair or not, it's an albatross that's going to wrap itself around this teams neck a little tighter every year until they do something about it.

Whether it's the Brooklyn Dodgers trying to beat the Yankees or Dale Earnhardt trying to win the Daytona 500 or Phil Mickelson trying to get his first major the monkey on the back is real.

I couldn't agree more. You can blame coaches and you can blame players, but I think the monkey on the back of this program is getting too big to overlook.

I couldn't agree more. You can blame coaches and you can blame players, but I think the monkey on the back of this program is getting too big to overlook.

It's the 5000 lbs. pink elephant in the room. Michigan has been to 5 straight sweet 16(s). Iowa has been there twice in the last 35 years, none in the last 23. The fact that Fran has never made it out of the first weekend in his entire coaching career becomes more glaring.

It's the 5000 lbs. pink elephant in the room. Michigan has been to 5 straight sweet 16(s). Iowa has been there twice in the last 35 years, none in the last 23. The fact that Fran has never made it out of the first weekend in his entire coaching career becomes more glaring.
And Arkansas has made it back. Again. Because Eric Musselman coaches the game in front of him. NM State gave the Razors a total rock fight. And at the end Arkansas was still standing.

Latest posts