McCaffery's name was NEVER mentioned once on this board...

this board kills me....not once in the past 2 weeks was Fran's name mentioned here..NOT ONCE...out of the more than 2 dozen names mentioned and countless top 5 lists......this dude was completely off the radar (just like Lick was)........

P.S. this hire bores me.......ZERO "wow factor".......zzzzzzzzzz.....

this board kills me....not once in the past 2 weeks was Fran's name mentioned here..NOT ONCE...out of the more than 2 dozen names mentioned and countless top 5 lists......this dude was completely off the radar (just like Lick was)........

I never posted it on here, but right when Lickliter was fired I was joking around and said we would get McCaffery because we were watching the Siena game at the time. I am going to go ahead and say I called this one even if I was kind of sort of joking maybe haha..

I did and I bumped it today, it has slipped to the second page.

I posted this title on 3-21-2010 Andy Katz- Iowa and Fran McCaffery

*yawn*

So what's your point? Are you one of the guys who thought we were going to get pearl, wright, dixon, etc? This is reality of the bball program right now. Let's support this guy and give him a chance.

They beat Ohio State in the tourney last year. He has been to the tourney 3 years in a row.

He has taken 3 different teams to the NCAA tourney. Very impressive at any level.

He likes to run an up tempo style of ball. That should be fun to watch. I think we need another PG to help Cully move the ball.

He is known as a very personable guy and a good recruiter. Should be interesting to see!

I like this hire. The more I read, the more I like!

They beat Ohio State in the tourney last year. He has been to the tourney 3 years in a row.

He has taken 3 different teams to the NCAA tourney. Very impressive at any level.

He likes to run an up tempo style of ball. That should be fun to watch. I think we need another PG to help Cully move the ball.

He is known as a very personable guy and a good recruiter. Should be interesting to see!

I like this hire. The more I read, the more I like!

I know Siena beat OSU last year but OSU was also just an 8 seed and Siena was a 9 seed. Not that and UNI type upset. Just sayin.

Time will tell on how well Fran does at turning things around. I can only hope he turns out half as well as KF who didn't exactly excite the masses his first 2 years at Iowa.

First mention on this board was March 16 by herkyalert:
http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/basketball/7352-doug-gotlieb.html
But not as a real candidate:

Anyone see him [Doug Gotlieb]at halftime of the play-in game? He speculated about the Iowa job and said that Brian Gregory, Fran McCaffery, and Tony Barbee all might be contacted. He noted Iowa was a good job but their facilities are not in order. I guess he doesn't know about the Carver renovation or the practice facility that will be built. Hence, he threw out 2 bad names (Gregory and McCaffrey) IMO. If either of those two are fired then Iowa is in trouble. Barbee is a good option but def not your 1, 2, or 3.

On a side note, he threw Alford's name out there with the Oregon job along with Mark Few. :)

Time will tell on how well Fran does at turning things around. I can only hope he turns out half as well as KF who didn't exactly excite the masses his first 2 years at Iowa.

Please stop with the KF references.

KF had Hayden's blessing. To me, that was all my young heart needed to know he was going to do well.

If Fran can get Ralph Miller's blessing somehow than I will feel the same way. (Tom Davis' blessing would be a curse)

The only time I ever brought his name up in a story was on Monday the 22nd in this context:

Fran McCaffery: Andy Katz is throwing his name up against the wall. I have no idea if there is anything there or not. He is the coach at Sienna, has had a high graduation rate there and spent a number of years as an assistant at Notre Dame.

This was more times than I think I ever mentioned Lickliter's name ;)

Latest posts