McCaffery Fox Sports Radio interview

HawkeyeWeb

Coach McCaffery was on Fox Sports Radio yesterday (March 30). It's good to see him getting IOWA basketball in the national spotlight already. He didn't say anything that was much different than what we've heard before. A few points I liked was that he said Iowa basketball "isn't as far off as people think". He also mentioned that he has had a 100% graduation rate at all of the schools he has been to. To go to the interview follow the directions below:

Go to: Radio - Sports Radio - FOX Sports on MSN

The interview is in hour #3 from the 23:20 - 31:45 mark in the telecast.

Last edited:
Coach McCaffery was on Fox Sports Radio yesterday (March 30). It's good to see him getting IOWA basketball in the national spotlight already. He didn't say anything that was much different than what we've heard before. A few points I liked was that he said Iowa basketball "isn't as far off as people think". He also mentioned that he has had a 100% graduation rate at all of the schools he has been to. To go to the interview follow the directions below:

Go to: Radio - Sports Radio - FOX Sports on MSN

The interview is in hour #3 from the 23:20 - 31:45 mark in the telecast.

I know that this might be lip service but I agree with him. Iowa basketball isn't that far off. Apparently the one bright spot about Lick's recruiting is the players that he left and he recruited are pretty loyal to Iowa (Fuller being the only big question mark). That may make the transition easier. It really only takes a couple of the current players/recruits to step up and another PG recruit to improve depth.

Thanks or the link!! I must say everytime I listen to Coach he impresses me! I think I speak for everyone on this board when I say that I hope this is the last Head BB coach the Hawks hire for a long long time. GO HAWKS!!!!

rwtsracefan(Dan Wemett)

I've been telling people this too. I don't think the program is as bad as people think. Yes it HAS been bad, but I think Hawk fans are hungry for a quality basketball team and they will come back to Carver. The roster isn't as terrible as people think either. We need a few more pieces, but not terrible. A basketball team can be turned around quicker than a football team.

It seems with the Fuller news in another thread that a big piece (all returning players come back) just fell into place. Now the biggest challenge for coach is getting a quality PG to help next year. If that happens next year could be really fun.

Latest posts