McCabe @ the 4

BuiltLikeWilt

I like this!! High energy guy, nice bulk, and a good shot, think it will create good mismatches, and allow Mel to move over to the 5,or play double 4's if Brommer is in foul trouble. If he can become a badass rebounder(Brunnerish) it'd a nice fit for him. Really about the same size as GB isnt he?

He will never be the beastly rebounder that Bru was(led the big ten) but I do like Zach at the four,because of his versatility. He can pull big guys out on the floor with his shooting stroke from the arc,and still go inside and get down and dirty scrapping for the loose balls and doing the garbage thing.
The key for Zach is to be able to use his ballhandling skills and shooting skills at a position where it might create mismatches. A good changeup from Mel's inside power game and rebounding.

I don't think you'll see McCabe drawing other teams' big men out to guard him on the perimeter. 28% isn't exactly lighting it up. Also, Basabe would be pretty undersized at the 5.

The only way he fits at the 3 is if the other team goes with a big lineup, where he can maybe match up with the 3 in that instance.

That would put the Hawks in a situation where they would have, at most, one outside threat in the lineup.

I don't think you'll see McCabe drawing other teams' big men out to guard him on the perimeter. 28% isn't exactly lighting it up. Also, Basabe would be pretty undersized at the 5.

I know his numbers say 28%, but Zach can really stroke the 3 ball. Remember, he was a freshman and many, many freshman struggle with their shot in their 1st year. Horner comes to mind as well as the leading 3pt shooter in the conference, Diebler.

You're right about McCabe...we all know that there's no way a player could ever top his freshman year stats...

Zach's three should improve, hopefully, but I pray that he takes it inside more fortuitously than last year. Too many times he was stopped underneath the basket with nowhere to go. If the plan was to get to the line, it didn't work very well. I love his combativeness and attitude, his football playing days at Heelan certainly show. If Zach has a good year that will help this become a very nice season.

6'7 239 lbs he won't be knocked off balance that often, but yeah a freshman's #'s can never be improved upon, they are stuck at that level for their lives