May is an athletic freak!

Love that kid - he may go down as one of my all time favorites.

Lovin' Cully Payne too, that kid is a stud.

Payne needs to be more aggressive and develop a floater. There were times tonight he had a layup/floater opportunity and passed it up for what turned out to be a horrible 3 attempt. Either way I love both guys. May can get up QUICK. May not be the highest jumper but he just gets up so dang quick he catches guys by surprise.

May is an amazing athlete. I remember reading on this board that some thought he did not belong on a D-I BB court. I thought the same thing. But man were we wrong. I also really got into last nights game. I clapped and shouted at the TV again. Boy, I really wanted the W last night and they desereved it.

Did anyone notice on his block of buford, that buford took 4 steps? That was the most obvious travel call that i have ever seen. Hell of a block by May!!!

Traveling is no longer called in college basketball, regardless of what the silly rule book might say.

As for May's leaping ability...here's the full pic from the front page of this site. Looks pretty good from here...
resize.php

May has really impressed. If both he and payne could shoot about 35% from 3 and get a floater they will be a great combo for years. Just think if gatens had the athletic ability of May. Imagine them playing on the wings.

As my wife said after the game, if May shoots like that every game, he'll really be good.

Traveling is no longer called in college basketball, regardless of what the silly rule book might say.

I'm been on a bit of a soapbox-esque crusade against poor officiating when it comes to traveling lately and it was the 4:29 mark of the below video that really set me off:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LekI2Dn7Nso"]YouTube- UConn vs #1 Texas 1/23/10[/ame]

4 steps? Really, you're not going to call that?

That is a great photo for displaying May's hops...kid can really leap.
As I said in another thread, we needed 3 Eric Mays last nite to defend Turner,Lighty and Buford...or at least 2,to defend Turner and Lighty.
Eric really busts it on the defensive end,which is great for a frosh,who rarely are ready on that end of the floor.
While he struggled shooting the three early on in the season,I have always felt that would be improved next year because he has good form...same as Payne...they clearly have nice shooting form..just a matter of catching up to the speed of the game,next year...but Eric had a great shooting nite last nite and if he keeps that up, he will be hard to defend on the drive also.

I admit questioning whether May would be ready to make an impact this year, but I will admit I was wrong about Eric. Better than I thought and definitely underrated by the scouting services,imo.

Latest posts