Max Murrell Likes What He Sees from Hawkeyes

Kid has good jumping ability.

By the way does Fran have any top recruits that haven’t committed yet that we are still in hunt for? Especially looking for info on possible point guards. If so any idea when that recruit plans to make a decision (beginning or end of high school basketball season)? Isn’t there one from here in Iowa we are pursuing?

Xavier Foster is the key guy in this class.

Bowen Born is the instate PG you’re talking about. I wrote about him last week.

We’ll know more about this class after the July evaluation period.

i think it's going to be a long row to hoe to land Foster. now that he's 7ft and can step out, he's like a stretch 5. i think we desperately need at least a Sweet 16 finish to be in position to land him. and, with JBo (likely, in my opinion) RS in '19, that is going to be almost impossible. are you hearing Foster is still high on Iowa? that's what i'm hearing, but when you get to his level of recruitment, it's almost always about the winning.

I hope Foster comes to Iowa, but hopefully, he will do whats best for himself and family. Iowa is recruiting other players at his position so I doubt he would be a lock.

Just wondering Rob. Since the level of interest is greater now for Bowen Born, is it because that Iowa has no chance with Tyler Beard or Desmond Polk and are just hedging their bets? Have you heard anything from Beard or Polk lately?

Thanks Rob for that info.

If Fran could just land the missing piece to his puzzle and that player live up to expectations it could be a game changer for the program. Break the ice and it will be on.

i think it's going to be a long row to hoe to land Foster. now that he's 7ft and can step out, he's like a stretch 5. i think we desperately need at least a Sweet 16 finish to be in position to land him. and, with JBo (likely, in my opinion) RS in '19, that is going to be almost impossible. are you hearing Foster is still high on Iowa? that's what i'm hearing, but when you get to his level of recruitment, it's almost always about the winning.

Considering Foster will likely decide before Nov. as to where he is going, we don’t have any chance of a sweet 16 luring him here.

Considering Foster will likely decide before Nov. as to where he is going, we don’t have any chance of a sweet 16 luring him here.

where did you hear that? i've heard he's gonna wait until the very end. why wouldn't a kid with his talent wait until the end and give all schools a chance to consider offering? the kid hasn't been in a hurry.

I hope Foster comes to Iowa, but hopefully, he will do whats best for himself and family. Iowa is recruiting other players at his position so I doubt he would be a lock.

"but hopefully, he will do whats best for himself" - :confused:
can you give examples of any recruit who didn't do what was best for themself?

He either bleeds black and gold, or else he gone! I'm guessing Kansas!

Thanks Rob for that info.

If Fran could just land the missing piece to his puzzle and that player live up to expectations it could be a game changer for the program. Break the ice and it will be on.

We always seem to be many pieces short. He would be half of the 2 we're missing now!

where did you hear that? i've heard he's gonna wait until the very end. why wouldn't a kid with his talent wait until the end and give all schools a chance to consider offering? the kid hasn't been in a hurry.

No information on it, just assuming that he like %70-%80 of high school kids will announce before the early signing period.