Maurice Fleming

I'm with you but he's still a freshman.He looked really fast in his high school games and very illusive.

I'm pumped, but I was equally pumped about Jordan Cotton this time three years ago. There's a long and winding road ahead, my friend.

I'm pumped, but I was equally pumped about Jordan Cotton this time three years ago. There's a long and winding road ahead, my friend.

I knew Cotton wasnt gonna be anything special when my HS team shut him down in the first rnd of playoffs our senior yr. He playd RB back then. Hes fast ill give him that.

Nothing against Jordan but I can't believe anyone got really excided about him.

Wait...really? Now, I live in Ohio, so maybe I wasn't privy to the same "inside info" as some of you. But Jordan Cotton had the same recruiting rankings as Fleming (5.7 on rivals), similar offer sheet (Iowa, Colorado, Wisconsin, Kansas), and similar measurables. Not to mention that we signed him during a hard-luck recruiting year.

You guys might not have been excited about him, but I sure was. He was, according to the "experts" almost exactly as good as Maurice Fleming is.

Wait...really? Now, I live in Ohio, so maybe I wasn't privy to the same "inside info" as some of you. But Jordan Cotton had the same recruiting rankings as Fleming (5.7 on rivals), similar offer sheet (Iowa, Colorado, Wisconsin, Kansas), and similar measurables. Not to mention that we signed him during a hard-luck recruiting year.

You guys might not have been excited about him, but I sure was. He was, according to the "experts" almost exactly as good as Maurice Fleming is.

And he still has time...you know how it is, if a guy isn't a starter in year 1 or 2 he's a bust and no one was ever sold on him...

I knew Cotton wasnt gonna be anything special when my HS team shut him down in the first rnd of playoffs our senior yr. He playd RB back then. Hes fast ill give him that.

Interesting thing about that is……I work with several people, coaches, parents, kids, etc of the team (Herscher) who lost to CJF’s team 10-7 in the Illinois class 4 playoffs and they said the same about him. That’s what fans do, speculate good and bad often without any real insight or merit. Lord knows we do it on here ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT

He still has time….

Interesting thing about that is……I work with several people, coaches, parents, kids, etc of the team (Herscher) who lost to CJF’s team 10-7 in the Illinois class 4 playoffs and they said the same about him. That’s what fans do, speculate good and bad often without any real insight or merit. Lord knows we do it on here ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT

He still has time….

so does cjf. maybe both fan bases will be right...

its hard to get me excited about a recruit. its even harder when they are skill position players from small class iowa football.

I'm guessing Greg Davis's arrival had a lot to do with this decision. Fleming's skill-set is a pretty good fit for Davis's quick passing game. Fleming has a lot of short area quickness and will likely be able to get some separation on quicker routes. He was very elusive as a dual threat QB in HS and that should translate to him being tough to bring down in the open field in college as well.

Coming off the ACL is going to make it interesting. Most guys tend to get back to 75% strength in 8-10 months but that last 25% is a slow process and can take almost as long.

its hard to get me excited about a recruit. its even harder when they are skill position players from small class iowa football.

3A football isnt what I would call small. In fact it compares very favorably with Illinois 4A-5A football

This makes me lol because I was on this team and aside from the *** whooping we gave you guys ( im assuming your from norwalk because thats who we played in the first round) I seem to remember him playing just fine.

Or even if he didn't play that well he sure as hell had a pretty big impact on the game.

You're joking, right? I played 3A football in Iowa, and the 2 definitely do NOT compare favorably.

And so did I….Id guess you don’t know they have 8 classes in Illinois. 4A football in Illinois would not be schools as big as or bigger than Fairfield where I grew up and they don’t send a lot of kids to D1. Fairfield had Milt Jackson who played at ND, Steve McWhirter who played at Nebbie and Mike Dailey (my team) who played at Iowa….Jason Olienzak who played sfty at Iowa played for the Decorah team we played in the semis that year.

I do appreciate the input but I’ve got a fairly decent gauge on high school football nationally and the midwest and Illinois (where I now live) in particular. It does compare favorably.

Last edited:

Latest posts