Matt Tobin

Don't you know, you are not allowed to critique any Iowa players. They are infallible.

No, that's not the issue. The problem is that many fans bag on players for no good reason. It's one thing to critique a player thoughtfully and in a proactive manner. It's quite another when fans go on rants. Unfortunately, most of the time fans rip players to shreds while ranting.

I've heard A LOT of good things about Tobin. It's possible that he might get passed ... however, it's to his credit that he's starting right now. Fans should commend him for that ... not tear him down.

What's the problem? He just wants the best guy to play. Now granted, he doesn't have much evidence that Nolan is better, but I don't think he was bagging on anybody.

You don't know me if you think I have a problem with critiquing players. My problem is with the question, because it is stupid.

Do you think if Nolan got healthy and performed better than Tobin and/or Scherff that Nolan wouldn't start?

If he overcomes this injury, Nolan has the makings of a long term NFL player. But his problem is not routine, it is a result of a structural deficiency with his abdominal wall.

Hawk fans, just like any other fan base, want to win. If the best player are not on the field, we need to ask why.
I got ripped by some posters for criticizing the staff for not starting Bertstine last week...I doubt anyone would question me now though.

If the better player could play he would. Until something changes Tobin is the best player CURRENTLY available for the position.

But the Bernstine comments were wrapped in "CAStillo is TURRIblE!" comments, which have seemingly been shown to be false.

You don't know me if you think I have a problem with critiquing players. My problem is with the question, because it is stupid. Do you think if Nolan got healthy and performed better than Tobin and/or Scherff that Nolan wouldn't start? If he overcomes this injury, Nolan has the makings of a long term NFL player. But his problem is not routine, it is a result of a structural deficiency with his abdominal wall.
Now my question is stupid? What did i say wrong about Tobin? For all i know he is the best guard we have. Ease up fella it was just a simple football ? Im not picking on anybody except maybe you now

But the Bernstine comments were wrapped in "CAStillo is TURRIblE!" comments, which have seemingly been shown to be false.

+1 - and now it has been said by either a staff member or a team mate that Castillo has the best hips on the team - meaning he has the best ability to stay close to the person he is defending. person also said he wasn't the fastest, but had the best cover skills.

i

You cant stand that i asked a question hawkeye football? In the Iowa football forum section of hawkeyenation.com?
Okay to ask a question, just not a stupid one.
Honestly anybody else besides Caarhawk think my question is really so stupid to call me out on it several times? I didnt know the answer ok. I thought maybe Tobin is the starter regardless of the health of McMillan or Sherff. Are you just trying to be a internet tough guy? Would you say that question was stupid to my face?

I'm still not sold on Castillo...I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

What the hell are you doing on a message board then? You need to make every effort to contact Kirk with this information. Calls, letters, threats and hostages are all legitimate options because you have been able to better evaluate Castillo and his backups that the guys that watch practice. Otherwise every bad play he has is on you because you saw them coming.

I don't have a problem with you saying you are not sold on Castillo, but the second part is absurd.

You cant stand that i asked a question hawkeye football? In the Iowa football forum section of hawkeyenation.com?

I am trying to figure out WHY you ask this question. If you followed from Fall practice, you would know MacMillian and Scherff were listed at top two at LG. After both were injured Tobin was moved over as coaches saw him as best option.

When Scherff and MacMillian are healthy, they will have the chance to win the starting position again. IF they can beat out To bin is a question no one really knows. Many posters and fans assume one will win back the starting position but... that will be for KF and staff to decide. Tobin may be another Iowa player who keeps the job once he gets his chance.
He didnt play outstanding football but he didnt play all that terrible either for his first game.

My answer to your question is that YES, Tobin is the fulltime starter until injured or someone else beats him out.

Latest posts