Matt Gatens Promoted, Brady Ellingson Added to Drake Staff

I think there will be options with former Hawkeyes when Fran decides to call it good.

You have Dean Oliver assisting at Wisconsin and is the most experienced.

Jeff Horner is a head coach at Truman State.

Gatens is now a full-time assistant.

Matt Gatens- Iowa coach in training?

Not to start age old argument, but do we really want players coming back as head coaches. Maybe with a solid resume, but I want them to get that resume far from Iowa City. If any of the previously mentioned players are legitimate future candidates I want to make sure that they've developed that resume and aren't simply being brought back to Iowa City because they were fan favorites. Nothing against any of them, but I want to see them continue to travel the road to coaching success and not be picked up and carried to the finish line simply because they donned the black and gold.

I think there will be options with former Hawkeyes when Fran decides to call it good.

You have Dean Oliver assisting at Wisconsin and is the most experienced.

Jeff Horner is a head coach at Truman State.

Gatens is now a full-time assistant.
Didn't Glen Worley just join Alford's Nevada staff as an assistant?

Ryan Luehrsman has been a high school HC for a while (Cedar Rapids Xavier) and seems happy at that level.

Fran, of course, won't be calling it good for a while if he is still winning. His youngest son Jack is presently in eighth grade.

Yes. Worley is the new Director of Ops at Nevada. Luehrsman walked away from coaching HS a few years ago, I think to be able to attend his kids' activities.

Latest posts