Maryland game this weekend

okeefe4prez

is the biggest Iowa football game bince November 14, 2009. If we win it, its importance will likely be topped later this year, if we lose it, I think we're out of the division hunt as it will be harbinger of things to come.

3rd thread already about MD/Iowa there OK4P....way to be cognizant of your fellow posters :)

I was just thinking about this earlier today.

It's not bigger than the 2010 Wisconsin game, although most of us really didn't understand at the time exactly how much significance that one would ultimately have.

I don't think we can categorically say at this point in the year that a 5-1 team playing a 4-2 squad has an extremely high level of significance, but if Iowa can somehow manage to get to 7-1, and travel to Minn to face the 7-1 Gophers, I think we could safely call that the most important game for the program since 2010 Wisconsin, and very possibly since 2009 in Cbus.

A long way to go for that, though.

md-maryland-crab-flag-decal-sticker-magnet.jpg

I've heard that the inner harbor of Baltimore is really nice and worth the trip. Has anyone been there?

I’m trying to decipher what Vegas sees in this game. Maryland −5 at this point. We’ve won 6 of 7 on the road, covering in every single one. C.J. Brown is really banged up too.

It's not what Vegas sees, I think its what they dont' see. They don't see Iowa scoring enough points against a team with a pulse.

I’m trying to decipher what Vegas sees in this game. Maryland −5 at this point. We’ve won 6 of 7 on the road, covering in every single one. C.J. Brown is really banged up too.

I have seen their backup, I think his name is Rowe, in two games and he can pass the ball although not as good a runner as brown.

But aside from OSU the hawks might have have the most physical defense maryland has played against this year.

md-maryland-crab-flag-decal-sticker-magnet.jpg

I've heard that the inner harbor of Baltimore is really nice and worth the trip. Has anyone been there?

I've been. Definitely worth a trip. I don't know the name of the place, but Marshal Yanda is part owner of a bar near the Ravens stadium. I imagine there would be a fair amount of Hawk fans congregating there.

Would be nice to get the win this Saturday. Maryland is coming off a bye week and it's their homecoming. Hate to think this way but this is that one game that I thought could be a trap game for us ... Maryland will be hungry for the win ... and I am guessing we will see their best game yet ... Go Hawks ...

I've been. Definitely worth a trip. I don't know the name of the place, but Marshal Yanda is part owner of a bar near the Ravens stadium. I imagine there would be a fair amount of Hawk fans congregating there.

Maryland Blue Crab and a beer works really well together. It's a blast...they dump a pail of them on the table and you go to work...smash and eat baby.

It's great time around most of the harbor...some areas of Baltimore, not so much. A few years back, maybe 15 years ago, prior to navigation, I had to stop to get directions...I pulled off the freeway to a gas station. It was like 11:00pm, but this place was lit up like the demilitarized zone of a major war scene. Ok, I thought that was pretty weird, but I got out and walk into the gas station / convenience store, and you find yourself in this small area and the whole store is behind the plexiglass. You have to tell the guy what you want and he goes and gets it and slides it through the drawer.

He kind of looked at me funny when I walked in...kind of, "what the hell is this guy doing here after dark look." The good thing was that when I was getting back to the freeway they had all these blue lights every corner or intersection...kind of like The Great Gatsby thing...NOT.

Maryland Blue Crab and a beer works really well together. It's a blast...they dump a pail of them on the table and you go to work...smash and eat baby.

It's great time around most of the harbor...some areas of Baltimore, not so much. A few years back, maybe 15 years ago, prior to navigation, I had to stop to get directions...I pulled off the freeway to a gas station. It was like 11:00pm, but this place was lit up like the demilitarized zone of a major war scene. Ok, I thought that was pretty weird, but I got out and walk into the gas station / convenience store, and you find yourself in this small area and the whole store is behind the plexiglass. You have to tell the guy what you want and he goes and gets it and slides it through the drawer.

He kind of looked at me funny when I walked in...kind of, "what the hell is this guy doing here after dark look." The good thing was that when I was getting back to the freeway they had all these blue lights every corner or intersection...kind of like The Great Gatsby thing...NOT.

You ever seen The Wire?

Regarding the thread topic... I just heard on the radio about this Caleb Rowe injury. If true that's a bummer for the kid. Sounds like he gets playing time because he's the better passer. I have season tickets to the Hawks so I haven't really been able to see Maryland play much this year. No idea how much he plays, but at least it gives the Hawks an advantage as far as preparation.

I'm not sure how much it impacts the game. I'm sure Iowa would have preferred to see Caleb Rowe in the game as they generally have better luck defending pro style QB's. CJ Brown is the kind of QB who has given Iowa fits in the past. Hoping that isn't the case on Saturday.

Last edited: