Maryland at Iowa, Sunday Feb 8, 2 pm

Hawkeye fans need to STEP it UP a bit.

Even though the Hawkeyes are 4-2 on the road against major teams, with WINS
at North Carolina, Ohio State, Michigan & Minnesota, the Hawkeyes fell at Home to
the Clowns, Cheezers and Sparty.

Hawkeyes need to secure a nice HOME win, against a ranked opponent.

Enter the Twerps.

Go HAWKS

Last time we played them it was an 11 point whipping at Madison Square Garden. Pretty sure Dez Wells was on that team too. Hopefully they get that to carry over to the home floor at Carver. Going 2-0 this week would be freakin sweet!

I would also add that I still don't think Maryland has been properly welcomed to the B10 yet. Even though Ohio State and Indiana both spanked them for bout 20 points each on their home floors, one more beating wouldn't hurt them a bit. Might even build a little character for them.

Sagarin, KenPom both point to this being a close game. Hawks could use another quality win as UNC and OSU fade into the past. Not to mention, a W and taking care of what's left they way people expect and they're a lock for the NCAA. In other words, Hawks future is in their own hands ...

When was last time Iowa delivered in that situation???

I got Maryland by 12. Sorry.

Sagarin, KenPom both point to this being a close game. Hawks could use another quality win as UNC and OSU fade into the past. Not to mention, a W and taking care of what's left they way people expect and they're a lock for the NCAA. In other words, Hawks future is in their own hands ...

The basketball whiz, Myron Medcalf, over on ESPNdotcom has picked the Hawks over the Twerps by 4 on their home court. So, by this fact alone, you are probably right, they just might blow it. On the other hand, I had the Hawks losing big in Chapel Hill. It all comes down to which team hits the floor tomorrow. I think everyone on here knows we have 2 teams this year (again). I will be there, with high hopes that the home team delivers.

Iowa_zps455dd978.jpg

If Iowa can somehow win this game they could possibly run the table till the BIG tourny... And hopefully they run it from this game on either way. I think their resume to get in the big dance will be plenty solid enough to get in. Just a matter of if they can get off that dang 8-9 seed. Either want to be a 7 or a 10. That 8-9 seed line sucks....

I will be at the game. Since the Hawks usually don't play well when I attend, expect a loss today.

If Iowa can somehow win this game they could possibly run the table till the BIG tourny... And hopefully they run it from this game on either way. I think their resume to get in the big dance will be plenty solid enough to get in. Just a matter of if they can get off that dang 8-9 seed. Either want to be a 7 or a 10. That 8-9 seed line sucks....

Agreed. And you just know that the selection committee would be aching to put us in Kentucky's bracket.. OK, I don't KNOW that would happen, but it seems like the type of draw Iowa always seems to get. Not that there are any "easy" 1 seeds to beat, but I'd rather not get the #1 team in the country in the 2nd round.

Big game today. The rest of the schedule is very manageable, but that also means there aren't many opportunities left for big wins before the Big Ten Tournament. So let's snag this one today to pad the resume a little more, and then take care of business against the "should wins" the rest of the way.

I hear turtles make good soup.

Yes, in spring of 2013, at the NIT, IOWA ripped
Maryland. Let's have a little Fun and do it again.

GO HAWKEYES

If I recall, thr Hawkeyes handled Wells pretty well in that game. I think he's the type of player who can get frustrated easily and then screw up with forced shots, turnovers, and fouls.

Go Hawks!

All thumbs down.

I don't know who's going to win, but MD matches up well against us, we struggle at home and they have the advantage at guard on offense. MG's gonna have to get Wells and Trimble in foul trouble and I'm not sure he can. Their bigs, Leiman (sp) and the UM transfer match up well. The Leiman kid is an AW and JU combination player. Woody and GO are going to have to score. I think we need to run and get deep into their bench to come out on top.

Me and eight of my buddies will be coming down from CR for our annual Hawkeye basketball home game 'road trip'. We plan on representing.

Go Hawks!

I was thinking 2-1 in this stretch would be a need. So today is the day. We need a home win. Protect Carver.

Latest posts