Marvin McNutt to Keokuk

I will be the bad guy in this thread. IMO, the JVB 2011 season was overrated. He put up big numbers in about 4 games and the rest of it was meh.

After the 09 OSU game I thought we had a dude, but it turned out we didn’t. Not blaming JVB…the scheme needed an overhaul and it didn’t matter who the OC was. Funny, 15 years later we are still at that same point.

Gives reason for doubt for the new OC but we can hope can’t we? I have much higher expectations for this upcoming season. The biggest improvement is going to be that we will have an experienced QB coach who actual was a successful and talented college football quarterback who has a wide range of experience playing different schemes. This will be a benefit to all returning QB’s. and receivers. This will also improve recruiting at both positions.

Agree on Davis, and who were the wide receivers Vandenberg had to throw to his senior year? I honestly can't remember them but they were....not great. Brad Banks had Mo Brown and CJ Jones. One year Drew Tate had Ed Heinkel and Clinton Solomon. Stanzi had McNutt and DJK. Vandenberg got McNutt's Sr year, then McNutt graduated and the cupboard was bare.
Yeah I'd have to look back was KMM there then? Keenan Davis too? I'd have to look it up to be sure of the yr and all.

So we're clear, junior year Vandenberg completed 57.4% of his throws, for 3004 yards and 25 touchdowns. That's the 5th most yards ever, and only guys named Chuck are ahead of him.

Senior year he suffered a bad shoulder injury. It was the first time I thought KF made a very overcautious QB decision. As much as KF hates playing freshman, it wasn't really fair to the Bear Hunter. Tough guy but he couldn't put any velocity on the ball, and even the slow weak throws were painful.

Last edited:

Latest posts